Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Perth - what to do, see and where to eat and drink?

Quote Originally Posted by borgy View Post
    The Burswood isnt bad but i probably cant take full advantage of it because im underage.

Like other have mentioned, Kings park is a must. IIRC theres some nice running tracks there.

At Freo theres some great restaurants. Theres one on the water, i cant remember the name but its a sea food restaurant and is great for lunch. The best sea food ive ever had was from there.

The Swan river cruise is also a good one. Maybe not so for the kids. There are some beautiful houses along at river that are in excess of 50mill.

Thats about all i can remember, its been a while since ive been there.
    Fair go Borgy. 50Million? It is Perth, not Los Angeles. >10Million I can cop.

As for saying there is 'one on the water', there are a heap of restaurants 'on the water' in Fremantle. And further south down in Mandurah. And all up the coast to Hillary's. And at various points along both rivers (Swan and Canning)....you aren't really narrowing it down a heck of a lot! :-) But yes, there is some pretty good seafood available.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Actually, NO. It is not a typo!
    Then can you please enlighten me.
    I assume it's some sort of quaint provincial delicacy and not actual rodents.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Fair go Borgy. 50Million? It is Perth, not Los Angeles. >10Million I can cop.

As for saying there is 'one on the water', there are a heap of restaurants 'on the water' in Fremantle. And further south down in Mandurah. And all up the coast to Hillary's. And at various points along both rivers (Swan and Canning)....you aren't really narrowing it down a heck of a lot! :-) But yes, there is some pretty good seafood available.

Is indeed 50 million (for one of the houses)

Kerry Stokes (Channel 7/mining) has a HUGE home on the waterfront.

If you were only gonna do one thing i would definitely take the ferry from the city to Freeo, spend a few hours there paying a ridiculous amount of money for fish and chips, and then cruise back.

The Swan River is magnificent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Is indeed 50 million (for one of the houses)

Kerry Stokes (Channel 7/mining) has a HUGE home on the waterfront.

If you were only gonna do one thing i would definitely take the ferry from the city to Freeo, spend a few hours there paying a ridiculous amount of money for fish and chips, and then cruise back.

The Swan River is magnificent.
    Kerry Stokes house I can cop - but houses? Spare me. I know there is a housing boom, and I know a lot of development has happened since I left, but to suggest there are multitides of 50million + houses is pure fantasy. The continual carping on about home prices by my fellow sandgropers annoys me no end to be truthful. All that said, the river cruise is a nice thing to do. Or simply hire a bike and ride all the way down to the Left Bank for a beer before heading back...

Plenty of cheap fish and chips in Freo down the Esplanade way - just steer clear of Fisherman's Wharf itself. Cicerello's is a joke in terms of $.

Fried Mice = Deep Fried stuffed chilli's.

Post Thanks / Like

Fried Mice = Deep Fried stuffed chilli's.
    Thanks I feel much better about the fate of the poor litle meeces in Perth.

Sounds good too
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to the many for the effort on this thread - really appreciate it.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you get exotic foods in the east?

There are a few restaurants around where you can get crocodile, emu, buffalo and kangaroo and a number of other unusual treats.

Go to the Fremantle markets and look at the home of the Bulldogs across the road.

A trip to the Old Fremantle prison is worthwhile. amazing things there.

The restaurants around the boats around Freo are all nice, home of the America;s cup once upon-a-time. The yachts Australia II and Gretel or some such thing are in a nearby maritime museum.

Post Thanks / Like

Just one tip, don't mention you barrack for the Dogs in any conversation you have! Always ends up in tears....bloody Libba...I remember that dirty team with dirty players who put Peter Sumich unconcious..... bla bla bla. I have been over here for a few years and it is so one eyed parochial it is not funny. Went to Subi for a game in 1999 and am so traumatised I have never been back or plan to! If you can get down South, M/River and Dunsborough are beautiful places to stay but at that time of year will be teaming with Perth holiday makers. In Perth I highly recommend a walk around Kings Park and a few beers at Little Creatures in Freo. If you see a guy walking around with what looks to be a Eagles cap but says f**k WCE say g'day. Most people don't pick it up. My little way of giving them the finger!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I've found that over there before.

And my grandpa almost had a fit when I told him I'd become a Dogs fan.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Bulldogs_6 Guest

The city goes alright for restaurants also look out for the duxton hotel, real nice place if you want a quality meal. Also around the East Perth region you will find restaurants and that.