• over 60

2 5.71%
  • 40-50... By popular demand

3 8.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How many Goals will Dicko kick in 2016

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How many Goals will Dicko kick in 2016

I think he will get to the 50 to 60 goal's again.

He will be able to build on his fitness that he achieved last season so in theory should be fitter. I also think the forward line will be more consistent this year compared to last, which should lead to more opportunities for Dickson to kick goals.

Having said all that he will have to continue to work hard up and down the ground as with Crameri not playing he will get a lot more attention.

On a side note it is great to see this poll is about how many goals he will kick rather than is he in our best 22 list, which was the vibe early on in 2015.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

3. Likes bornadog, F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he'll play more forward and less midfield than last year given the loss of Crameri, but he'll probably get more opposition attention too, so I'll say 50ish.

He also kicked 7 against the undefeated top of the ladder team in Freo and kicked 5 in a final getting the maximum b&f votes, so let's hope he's going to be that big game player for us.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

5. Likes SlimPickens liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With him, 5 kicks inside the 50m arc = 4 goals. That's all he has to do with that deadly accurate goal kicking technique he possesses. But he gives heaps more. If Big Boyd and Big Jack have improved seasons, Dicko will benefit because they will often have Dicko's opponent joining in the fly for the spoil. I'm tipping another 50 goals.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

The poll hasn't got the 40 to 50 range which is what I think he'll get. We'll get our goals from a bigger spread this year as the game plan will empower more midfielders to get on the end of the chain. Tom Boyd to kick 25+ and to create plenty more.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Hes earned respect this season and unfortunately that means they will put more work into him. Crameri out doesnt help either.

30-40

Post Thanks / Like

55, he'll pinch a few of Crameri's
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

With Dickson having just crossed the 50 game mark, he actually should be a better player than 2015.

Whether the transfers to more goals is hard to say, but he could be rivalling Eddie Betts as the number 1 small forward in 2016.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    Hes earned respect this season and unfortunately that means they will put more work into him. Crameri out doesnt help either.

30-40

Same as when Libba was out, the doomsdayers said we were cooked.
    This time next year, we will be wondering why we worried so much about Crameri. 58
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

12. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another 50+ year for Tory, without a doubt.

He doesn't waste shots on goal and he's a smart enough player to ensure he gets a number of opportunities each game. It will be interesting to see how he handles the expectation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Same as when Libba was out, the doomsdayers said we were cooked.
    This time next year, we will be wondering why we worried so much about Crameri. 58
    god damn those *!*!*!*!ing doomsayers!

Post Thanks / Like

30-40, teams are going to have to put more time into him given his accuracy and output last season. Hopefully the rise and rise of The Package and someone like Boyd or Redpath increasing their tallies sees him off the leash and he could easily kick another 50+ but I would expect that the forward line will look very different this season and the goal spread will shift accordingly.

Post Thanks / Like

He's going to get a better defender as well with Crameri out. I'm hoping he can produce a 40 goal plus season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I think he will get better treatment from the umpires now that he is more well known too. One extra free kick a game could easily translate to an extra 15 goals for Tory.

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon Tory would rarely have gotten a lesser defender because of Crameri last year anyway. They are different type players and for a lot of last year, Tory would've been the more feared player, as he was kicking goals consistently whereas Stewie had no preseason and spent a good part of the year on the fringes (or out) of the team.

No doubt Crameri's absence will have some impact, but as long as the other forwards are mobile, creating space and disorder, Dickson will thrive, with his footy brain and natural goalsense creating a few opportunities every week.

If Boyd goes to another level, this could provide more opportunity as Dickson is a really good crumber who has had little opportunity in recent years to show off this aspect of his game.

Barring injury or a major drop in form, I'd reckon 40-60 is a safe bet.