Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Victorian Clubs Handed AFL Funding For Academies

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    Yeah, this is for Aboriginal, Asian and Arican kids.

So Essendon hit the jackpot in that regard getting western metropolitan melbourne, including footscray, sunshine, st albans, etc... Our heartland!

How many Aboriginal, Asian and African footballing kids in Victoria west of Ballarat? They could probably hold a meeting in a phone box.

Hopefully that map is an over simplification and we get Footscray , Sunshine St albans and Laverton. seriously, if not = @$#@#$.
    I don't need another reason to detest the AFL, but if we are cut out of our own patch and region of whom we've been working hard for in the community before this carrot by a confirmed bunch of doping drug cheats then I won't use symbols like you but test every swear filter this forum has. There's bound to be swear word synonyms the mods haven't had blocked that describe the AFL and the drug cheats.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

]
    Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    Yeah, this is for Aboriginal, Asian and Arican kids.

So Essendon hit the jackpot in that regard getting western metropolitan melbourne, including footscray, sunshine, st albans, etc... Our heartland!

How many Aboriginal, Asian and African footballing kids in Victoria west of Ballarat? They could probably hold a meeting in a phone box.

Hopefully that map is an over simplification and we get Footscray , Sunshine St albans and Laverton. seriously, if not = @$#@#$.
    I believe this is our academy's first meeting getting the great news from Simon: Attachment 724
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I don't need another reason to detest the AFL, but if we are cut out of our own patch and region of whom we've been working hard for in the community before this carrot by a confirmed bunch of doping drug cheats then I won't use symbols like you but test every swear filter this forum has. There's bound to be swear word synonyms the mods haven't had blocked that describe the AFL and the drug cheats.
    "The Bulldogs have been granted a large area in Melbourne’s west to set up a ‘Next Generation’ AFL Academy, an area that encompasses Western Melbourne, the Wimmera, the Mallee, South West Victoria and Ballarat, areas aligned with the current TAC Cup talent regions of the North Ballarat Rebels and Western Jets."

I believe the above clarifies that we are maintaining the zone currently represented by the Western Jets - which is pretty much Footscray to St Albans to Melton to Werribee to Point Cook. We also get greater Ballarat and all of western and southwestern Victoria.

I despise Essendon more than anyone, but there's no need to get too upset by this. We've done pretty well.

4. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    "The Bulldogs have been granted a large area in Melbourne’s west to set up a ‘Next Generation’ AFL Academy, an area that encompasses Western Melbourne, the Wimmera, the Mallee, South West Victoria and Ballarat, areas aligned with the current TAC Cup talent regions of the North Ballarat Rebels and Western Jets."

I believe the above clarifies that we are maintaining the zone currently represented by the Western Jets - which is pretty much Footscray to St Albans to Melton to Werribee to Point Cook. We also get greater Ballarat and all of western and southwestern Victoria.

I despise Essendon more than anyone, but there's no need to get too upset by this. We've done pretty well.
    Was going off the map in the thread.

Post Thanks / Like

That map is all over the shop. According to the article we've got the Wimmera-Mallee region, but that entire area is shaded as Richmond territory. If the article is correct, I reckon we've got a great deal.

Post Thanks / Like

North got Wyndham. If the map was a little bit less confusing then we probably wouldn't be having this problem but let's not act like western Victoria is particularily multicultural or has a lot of first or second generation foreign people who speak english as a second language and another language at home.

If we do get the Maribyrnong area then we are actually winners but everywhere else not so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    North got Wyndham. If the map was a little bit less confusing then we probably wouldn't be having this problem but let's not act like western Victoria is particularily multicultural or has a lot of first or second generation foreign people who speak english as a second language and another language at home.

If we do get the Maribyrnong area then we are actually winners but everywhere else not so much.
    That's so confusing. So we get Melton to Werribee but not Wyndham which is between the two?

Post Thanks / Like

"Under the plan unveiled to clubs on Tuesday, they will be given the chance to invest in specific regions to attract youngsters from diverse backgrounds and indigenous heritage to play AFL"

I'm hoping we've hit the jackpot, I don't know about western Vic but their could be some indigenous talent running around and getting Western Melbourne is a gift, get some elite coaching into some of these African and Asian kids early and who knows what we might find, the prospect of professional coahing from young age would be enticing for the kids
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    That's so confusing. So we get Melton to Werribee but not Wyndham which is between the two?

Wyndham is the city of Wyndham which includes Werribee. That's from Little River out to Laverton & Point Cook and everything in between along with stretching up close to Melton south. So North gets the biggest growth corridor avaliable which sees a lot of people moving there from non-traditional AFL backgrounds which means that they have a massive amount of potential people.

Post Thanks / Like

This is what we are getting according to a big footy poster but apparently north have some of that area too

Brimbank

Ardeer, Cairnlea, Calder Park, Deer Park, Delahey, Derrimut, Kealba
    Keilor, Kings Park, St Albans, Sunshine, Sydenham, Taylors Lakes
    Hobsons Bay

Altona, Brooklyn, Laverton, Newport, Spotswood, Williamstown
    Maribyrnong

Braybrook, Footscray, Kingsville, Maidstone, Maribyrnong, Seddon
    Tottenham, West Footscray, Yarraville
    Melton

Burnside, Caroline Springs, Diggers Rest, Hillside, Kurunjang, Melton
    Ravenhall, Rockbank
    Wyndham

Hoppers Crossing, Laverton North, Mambourin, Point Cook, Tarneit
    Truganina, Werribee, Wyndham Vale

As far as my understanding of it goes we identify multicultural kids playing other sports and entice them to Football with the prospect of professional coaching, although i presume that would include kids who are already playing but still new to the sport i think we lucked out, i'm hoping so at least
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    That map is all over the shop. According to the article we've got the Wimmera-Mallee region, but that entire area is shaded as Richmond territory. If the article is correct, I reckon we've got a great deal.
    So do I . PG's dream of a vast Western Bulldogs corridor is being realised.
    Some very good footballers come from South West Victoria, a lot of strong grass roots communities.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

The article stated that we were allocated the Western Jets territory, which is basically all of the above. However it seems that the Wyndham area has been allocated to North.

Seems a reasonable trade off. I mean, we were given Ballarat to North's protests a couple of years back. They'd gladly swap us back Wyndham for all that we have in Ballarat and surrounds. So we can't have our cake and eat it too.

We should be pretty happy with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone get Tasmania or NT, inc. Tiwi Island?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Anyone get Tasmania or NT, inc. Tiwi Island?

Next generation AFL club academies – Victorian clubs region allocation

Western Bulldogs – Western Melbourne, Wimmera, Mallee, South West Victoria, Ballarat, (North Ballarat Rebels & Western Jets)

Essendon – North West Melbourne (Calder Cannons), West Arnhem (NT)

Melbourne – South East Melbourne (Dandenong Stingrays), Alice Springs (NT)

Collingwood – Central Melbourne (Oakleigh Chargers), Barkly (NT)

St Kilda – Inner Southern Melbourne (Sandringham Dragons), Frankston LGA

North Melbourne – Melbourne and Wyndham LGAs (Calder Cannons & Western Jets)

Hawthorn – Eastern/Whitehorse LGAs (Eastern Ranges), Gippsland (Gippsland Power), Katherine (NT)

Carlton – Northern Melbourne (Northern Knights)

Geelong – Geelong /Hampden (Geelong Falcons), East Arnhem (NT)

Richmond – Goulburn Murray, Bendigo, Sunraysia, North Central (Bendigo Pioneers and Murray Bushrangers)

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Phew. We have taken a hit in membership numbers due to the number of immigrants into the FFC heartland suburbs over the last couple of decades so of course we should be able to benefit from that now those immigrants have settled and their kids take up the sport.