Back by popular demand, for those who think it's disloyal to ever say out aloud about the possible outs, it's just a discussion and you don't have to partake if you don't want to.

What was interesting last year was some peoples rolling De-Listing and trading list changed frequently, mine included. For instance, Prudden looked gone, Ayce was in and out, Minson was in, out, in, out again. Grant was a certain re-signing... I found it an interesting moving conversation and thread throughout the year. I think I was as wrong as I was right last year.

Essentially, there's just two categories to nominate names to, being: 'certain gone' and 'possible gone'.

For me, only possible names at this time of the year who need to reach or exceed expectations:

De-Listing or Retiring Possibles:
Prudden. Needs a huge leap. Murphy, Boyd, Biggs, Webb, Dale, JJ are all ahead. Can he leap them? Big call to say he does.
Minson. Just his age, if he doesn't have a big year I can't see a long time future. Nothing scandalous about his name.
Matty Boyd. Champion of the club, if he keeps fitness and form he could go again. But if the other hbfs or even Hrovat can provide the same output as he could next year, it's a tough, tough call. I saw him in December, and he looked even fitter!!

Trade Possibles:
Hrovat. Saints & Melbourne showed interest to the contracted Rat. Hopefully he's best 22, if not, then what?
Roughead. He's a jack of all trades and master of none. Left out of the leadership group. If a trade offer came in, would we look at it? Again, hopefully he's best 22, if not, then what?
Honeychurch. Same as above. If Hrovat, Dunkley and Daniel step up, he'd have some currency in the market.

The conversation we don't want to have is Clay. I hope we go cautious, and get him back to fitness even if it's by year's end. One more knee and you'd have to think that it's over. But I'm on the positivity bus on this issue, he gets back,gets into the engine room and up forward and is another gun recruit this year with Libba.

The flip side of potential trades is can we get currency to trade on some names that are uncontracted at year's end, or free up a spot and cash to raid the Essendon players classed as delisted free agents or any other free agents. I think it presents as the crucial off season list management towards a flag, being a possible gun top end kid and a free agent or two of quality. My thoughts are 4 or 5 primary list changes. But for the year I'm expecting us to have (a very successful one) it's going to be interesting to chart every now and then the names of possibles and certainties along team form and personal form, or injury.

Again, we'd all like every single player to perform 100% and never leave but the reality is 3 or more will be going. It's just a rolling barometer type thread and discussion about who they might be, and why.