Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  429
Page 67 of 104 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1560
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving Rolling De-Listing/Trading Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Templeton31 View Post
    And Hrovat to either Roos or Blues.
    Sure, but it's not yet official or Hrovat making a public request.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Jono Marsh has requested a trade to a WA club. With WCE not needing him, hopefully Freo jump at him and leave Hamling well alone.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Sure, but it's not yet official or Hrovat making a public request.
    His manager said on Trade Radio he'd be happy to go to either - whatever clubs work out.

4. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Templeton31 View Post
    His manager said on Trade Radio he'd be happy to go to either - whatever clubs work out.
    He would get a game at most clubs , but certainly Carlton and nth are in need of pace and a hard kid, he is that.
    I really like Hrovat , sad he isn't staying.
    I'm not sure where honeychurch has come up, just journos making it up because he is a very good player and not getting a game or their is actual mention of it from us ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    His contract with Richmond is $800,000 yearly
    Lids need to consider this..

Do I want to be involved in a successful side? Its pretty simply really because if he stays at Richmond during the rebuild/reset what ever you want to call it he won't even be playing finals with them.

Post Thanks / Like

The HUN is reporting that Hamling has a 3 year offer from us as well as from Freo that he will consider over the weekend - no details, presumably the Freo offer is still for more coin, but hopefully upping our offer to 3 years* will be enough to get him to stay.

*If we have done so - can't trust the rather slap-dash reports that journo's have to put in at this rather crazy time of year.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

8. Likes chef, bulldogtragic, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    The HUN is reporting that Hamling has a 3 year offer from us as well as from Freo that he will consider over the weekend - no details, presumably the Freo offer is still for more coin, but hopefully upping our offer to 3 years* will be enough to get him to stay.

*If we have done so - can't trust the rather slap-dash reports that journo's have to put in at this rather crazy time of year.
    If true, you'd have to think the odds are he stays. He pocketed a $30,000 bonus for being a premiership player and may pocket similar amounts in the next three years with us. If you factor in he's getting 3 years, quite good money, likelihood of bonuses, challenge of a premiership dynasty and his great mates at the club, then maybe we are 60/40 in front.

As an aside it's interesting the Kersten pull the media are talking about. BMac was pushing really hard to have us recruit him.

10. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If true, you'd have to think the odds are he stays. He pocketed a $30,000 bonus for being a premiership player and may pocket similar amounts in the next three years with us. If you factor in he's getting 3 years, quite good money, likelihood of bonuses, challenge of a premiership dynasty and his great mates at the club, then maybe we are 60/40 in front.

As an aside it's interesting the Kersten pull the media are talking about. BMac was pushing really hard to have us recruit him.
    Hamling seems very tight with Kersten openly refering to each other as half brothers on social media.

Maybe that tight that he's waiting to see what goes down with the trading of his best mate.

Post Thanks / Like

WTF he's just won a premiership with 21 other best mates. You wouldnt think reunions would be the same for a player who jumped ship 4 weeks after the Granny but that's the nature of the industry.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Have the AFEL even announced what the cap is for next year yet?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by ClothesBootsMotorcycle View Post
    I'm glad I come to this forum to read posts from astute, reliable and knowledgable posters. Some of the bullcrap that people post on social media shits me to tears.

Check out the post from this bloke who claims Deledio has only played seven games in two years.

Seriously, where do some people get their information?
    They make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    I think I like this deal.

Could you lay out what each team loses as well please. I'm a little confused as to who starts with what.
    Dogs give St Kilda 18, 40 & Stevens --- Dogs get 15 & 31 from GWS
    GWS give Dogs 15 & 31, Steele to St Kilda --- GWS get 10 & 40 from St Kilda
    St Kilda give 10 & 40 to GWS --- St Kilda get pick 18 Steele & Stevens

Nutshell:

Dogs get small first (18>15) and second round (40>31) upgrades for Stevens
    Saints downgrade 10 to 18 for Steele & Stevens
    GWS work up from 15 to 10 while increasing their overall draft points
    Looking at it all layed out like that leaves me with one question. Can we have pick 10 and St Kilda have pick 15 and still sell it? They get a lot.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

From afl.com.au

Hrovat is happy to join either club (North or Carlton) and will let the Dogs broker the best deal they can. A trade is unlikely to be completed until later next week when it becomes clearer what both clubs – especially Carlton given all it has its plate – can offer.

You'd have to imagine if North put up pick 33, that's the highest Hrovat will go for. I'd much prefer to keep him at that price, but that looks extremely unlikely.

Post Thanks / Like

If the Koby & Hrovat trade hypotheticals went through as above:

Out: Stevens, Hrovat, Pick 18, Pick 40 (Minson - Need two more, presumably Prudden and either Matty Boyd retires or Honeychurch)
    In: Pick 15, Pick 31, Pick 33 (Pick 60, Pick 74 for Cloke)

It would be interesting to see whether we'd try to do a draft points trade with GCS for 22, 23 & 29. Or, with GCS apparently furious as a gesture of bad faith that pick 14 was traded by Hawthorn, whether if we had pick 15 and a midfielder they wanted whether we try to enter the Jaeger race. Imagine all the collateral damage about Mitchell & Lewis, and they don't even land Jaeger!

16. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we want to be in on the jaeger race

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Can't see him getting to the Dawks, so why not convince him to come to the premiers.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Well we know the price now. A first rounder (about pick 14) and an established midfielder. They wanted a Liam Shiels or Isaac Smith type to get the deal done. Who have we got with enough runs on the board and are prepared to trade? Picken, Hunter, Macrae, Suckling, Wallis, Daniel, Dahl, Libba, Bonts.