Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  429
Page 10 of 104 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving Rolling De-Listing/Trading Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Someone with undoubted gifts on-field, but allegedly a history and an off-field problem that the club hasn't been able to address to their satisfaction. I'm pretty sure you can figure out the player.

I don't know how reliable this source is, so approach with caution.

That's unfortunate.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Someone with undoubted gifts on-field, but allegedly a history and an off-field problem that the club hasn't been able to address to their satisfaction. I'm pretty sure you can figure out the player.

I don't know how reliable this source is, so approach with caution.
    I think if we trade Liberatore there will be blood.
    "It's over. It's all over."

3. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Think?? Guaranteed!!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Think?? Guaranteed!!
    I am not normally a violent man - but this would make me one.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Think?? Guaranteed!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am not normally a violent man - but this would make me one.
    Apart from anything there is Oliver to come.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Bit of devil's advocate here but has Roughead and Campbell demonstrating they're capable first rucks gone some way to securing Minson another year, if he's happy to play the back up?

I think we've got a nice set up at the moment in terms of two guys who I'd be happy with as first ruck, the young kid for the future in Goetz and a more than handy replacement in Minson. If we chop Minson we have to bring another ready made guy in and I'm not sure there's a better back up out there. Unless we're eyeing a highly touted big kid at the draft and Minson was okay with it, it'd have to be considered

9. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Bit of devil's advocate here but has Roughead and Campbell demonstrating they're capable first rucks gone some way to securing Minson another year, if he's happy to play the back up?

I think we've got a nice set up at the moment in terms of two guys who I'd be happy with as first ruck, the young kid for the future in Goetz and a more than handy replacement in Minson. If we chop Minson we have to bring another ready made guy in and I'm not sure there's a better back up out there. Unless we're eyeing a highly touted big kid at the draft and Minson was okay with it, it'd have to be considered
    I really like Minson's attitude. He has taken it on the chin and is mentoring the other ruckman.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post

If that's the case, why not rookie list him in place of Adcock? Keeping a player for depth only is a rookie list thing in my book (I.e. Farren Ray, Schneider, Adcock etc).

I have Minson, Prudden, Roberts and either Bob (retirement ) or Boyd (retirement). Adcock gone too. So 4 primary list, 1 rookie list. Clay Smith is still on my radar and maybe a trade out is requested by someone.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

If that's the case, why not rookie list him in place of Adcock? Keeping a player for depth only is a rookie list thing in my book (I.e. Farren Ray, Schneider, Adcock etc).

I have Minson, Prudden, Roberts and either Bob (retirement ) or Boyd (retirement). Adcock gone too. So 4 primary list, 1 rookie list. Clay Smith is still on my radar and maybe a trade out is requested by someone.
    I agree that the only spot for Will at the Bulldogs for 2017 would be as a rookie.

That would require him to be delisted and overlooked by everyone else. There may be another club who also see him as a great back up.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I agree that the only spot for Will at the Bulldogs for 2017 would be as a rookie.

That would require him to be delisted and overlooked by everyone else. There may be another club who also see him as a great back up.
    If the club thinks he's at best depth, that's a risk we should be willing to take. Campbell, Roughead, Boyd helping out and perhaps a free agent or trade ruck then we are ok.

Post Thanks / Like

If the club thinks he's at best depth, that's a risk we should be willing to take. Campbell, Roughead, Boyd helping out and perhaps a free agent or trade ruck then we are ok.
    Agree 100%. We also have Redpath, who can pinch hit and offers more to the list than Will.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree 100%. We also have Redpath, who can pinch hit and offers more to the list than Will.
    I thought Jong is our pinch hitting ruckman who has more dimensions in their game than Will

For his sake, id love him to finish on 200 games to be in the club, but I can't see it happening.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Jong is our pinch hitting ruckman who has more dimensions in their game than Will

For his sake, id love him to finish on 200 games to be in the club, but I can't see it happening.
    Will has been a great servant and clubman, but unfortunately there is no scope for sentiment in list management.

Post Thanks / Like

Will has been a great servant and clubman, but unfortunately there is no scope for sentiment in list management.
    Agreed*

*unless you're Bob Murphy!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure Big Will would consider the pay worth his while given that rookies have to put in as much as senior players from what I understand. I think if we were to retire him, someone else would pick him up as a senior lister for insurance.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon