Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  429
Page 11 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving Rolling De-Listing/Trading Thread 2016

He is still a very good ruck man and would get games at other clubs no doubt .. I would love to keep him but I think Luke wants a ruck who can go forward and kick goals .we used to get ruck man and teach them to go forward now we are getting forwards and teaching them to ruck .. Different era
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    He is still a very good ruck man and would get games at other clubs no doubt .. I would love to keep him but I think Luke wants a ruck who can go forward and kick goals .we used to get ruck man and teach them to go forward now we are getting forwards and teaching them to ruck .. Different era
    Another reason for keeping Big Will is...do you want him, after he has been sacked and shown the door, lining up in another team's colours against...US!!!???
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Another reason for keeping Big Will is...do you want him, after he has been sacked and shown the door, lining up in another team's colours against...US!!!???
    The People's Beard did it, didn't he?
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    Twice!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    But the Beard of the Proletariat...he wasn't like, you know...err...very sort of uber-physical in a certain angry-pills way, if you get my gist...
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    I can't think why not.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

8. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Much in the same way that J.Grant played most games last season but was delisted, I have got a feeling that Jongy will find himself in a similar position at the end of this season. He looks to me as if he's getting to the edge of his potential, and it seems that it is serviceable, but seldom outstanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2PotScreamer View Post
    Much in the same way that J.Grant played most games last season but was delisted, I have got a feeling that Jongy will find himself in a similar position at the end of this season. He looks to me as if he's getting to the edge of his potential, and it seems that it is serviceable, but seldom outstanding.
    I can't agree with you there, yes he may yet get delisted/traded but I think we have seen a very average reflection of his ability this year. Early last year he showed us how good he is, unfortunately he seems to be someone who's form and confidence fluctuates greatly, and it may be his introverted personality.
    Jongy seems to be a very nice guy who doesn't want to hurt anyone or step on anyones toes, and out on the footy field he seems to play like this a bit as well. The GWS game was another good example, was doing well early, had 7 or 8 touches, then was a bit clumsy with that bump that got him reported, and from that moment on, he barely had a touch. It didn't help that he again got pushed up forward when we have no decent forwards going around and we are butchering the ball.

The one area he really needs to improve on is his defensive work. He's simply not working hard enough when he doesn't have the ball. I don't see him chasing or working hard to apply pressure any more.

When you see him play at VFL level he is clearly better than everyone else, but throw him back into the AFL and he's second guessing himself, and quick to let others take over the work.

While I agree he is very frustrating and the difference between his best and worse is huge, i'm not giving up on him as yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that you could see a marked difference in his performance after he got reported. He deflated instantly. My statements are made across a broader context than yesterday's performance.
    I want him to do well,but I reckon his thing of going missing in games makes him a little unreliable, and you can't have those types in the battle of finals, because they don't give you certainty that they will perform.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2PotScreamer View Post
    I agree that you could see a marked difference in his performance after he got reported. He deflated instantly. My statements are made across a broader context than yesterday's performance.
    I want him to do well,but I reckon his thing of going missing in games makes him a little unreliable, and you can't have those types in the battle of finals, because they don't give you certainty that they will perform.
    Funnily enough Jong was one of our better players in the finals last year and has shown he stands up in finals at VFL level.

And FWIW I'm pretty sure he got reported before he kicked his two goals. He was actually pretty good in the 1st quarter, then disappeared completely for 2 quarters. Sure we can attribute some of his disappearance to the side not performing but he goes missing too often for mine. He isn't good enough with the ball to get away with just a handful of touches, so needs to start amassing possessions like he did early last year. He is certainly one where quantity>quality.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Half Way, 11 H&A games down and 11 H&A games to come. Interesting to see who needs to improve or go move.

Minson is still to see a call up despite dominating the VFL. Unfortunately, 0% chance of being around on the senior list next year.
    Prudden. His knee injury came at the wrong time, but we need to make room so I have him 0% chance too.

Hamilton?? His draft mates have all dominated VFL &/or AFL so far. Do we need to make a hard call or let him go home?
    Clay Smith?? It's been over 12 months and he's still listed as an indefinite LTI. Don't know what to make of it?

Trades: Jong, Honeychurch ??

Morris, Boyd & Morris look like they can all play on now. Perhaps they do.
    If Hrovat has done his shoulder today then his trade value is way under worth trading.

4-5 moved on.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I think the only question on Minson is whether he gets a farewell game if Camhead stay fit before the finals.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be shocked if Will still has something to offer. We all wrote him off late last year but he was really good in the Adelaide final. If Cam or Head go down or lose form, he can offer something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if Will still has something to offer. We all wrote him off late last year but he was really good in the Adelaide final. If Cam or Head go down or lose form, he can offer something.
    Next year on the senior list?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Next year on the senior list?
    Probably not likely. Not ruling it out though because competition hardened big men are valuable. There's a bit to play out yet.