Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  429
Page 13 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving Rolling De-Listing/Trading Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We can always draft.
    We drafted Goetz last year?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    We drafted Goetz last year?
    Yeah we did, but he is a rookie. I would like to see us Draft either a young ruckman to develop, or a 25 year old, mobile ruckman as back up.

I haven't heard good things about Goetz, but you never know he may come good.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If Minson goes, we need to bring in a back up ruckman that can play straight away which probably means trading one in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Next year on the senior list?
    He will want out if he doesn't get a run. No way will he play third fiddle for another season at 31.

There seemed to be a few back up ruckman floating about in last years draft. A few of them are on 1 year deals.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Hard to argue with the logic there.

I think with Hamilton & Prudden - if we delisted them, I'd be hopeful that we could rookie both of them. We rookie'd Roarke Smith off a smaller body of work than these two, particularly Prudden, who showed some good signs in senior footy once he got a run at it.

Last year Bevo said that it was a shame that they had to delist players, because he'd like to keep all of them. I think it will be a shame to have to delist a few this year, but that's how it goes.
    Bevo is very loyal to all players as well as his coaching staff. I think he will spend sleepless nights deciding who to drop along. Lucky he has Jmac there to make the hard decisions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If Minson goes, we need to bring in a back up ruckman that can play straight away which probably means trading one in.
    Which to me seems like a waste. I doubt we'll find a more ready to go ruck than Minson via trade or by drafting a mature age in a year we should be contending, I like the idea of trying to rookie him or even giving him another one year contract on the main list.

7. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Which to me seems like a waste. I doubt we'll find a more ready to go ruck than Minson via trade or by drafting a mature age in a year we should be contending, I like the idea of trying to rookie him or even giving him another one year contract on the main list.
    If Will wants to stay, of course. But he'll be taking a mighty hair cut.

Reality is we need to cut into the list. Putting him on the rookie list would be a great result but very unlikely.

Post Thanks / Like

Reality is we need to cut into the list. Putting him on the rookie list would be a great result but very unlikely.
    Yep, he's over 30. So North get first dibs.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Reality is we need to cut into the list Putting him on the rookie list would be a great result but very unlikely.
    3 players isn't really needing to cut into the list, that's the requirement by the AFL .
    Don't think we need to CUT into the list at all It's a good list.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I would have Minson as a rookie if he was up for it. Going to be so hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I would have Minson as a rookie if he was up for it. Going to be so hard.
    I agree. But several clubs could take him before us, that'd be the risk. But i just can't see him and our senior list being together next year so rookie or somewhere else seems the equation.

Post Thanks / Like

Minson would need both of Roughy and Campbell out injured to crack a game. At his age that means rookie list or nothing.

I really like what Dec Hamilton offers. Seems to have a bit of poise and good foot skills. Such valuable traits.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Minson would need both of Roughy and Campbell out injured to crack a game. At his age that means rookie list or nothing.

I really like what Dec Hamilton offers. Seems to have a bit of poise and good foot skills. Such valuable traits.
    That only leaves Minson & Prudden gone. Adcock frees up a rookie spot though. Finding another 2 changes is getting harder and harder (assuming we may want a FA or possible trade or the possibility to do so). Which two would you pick today?

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be moving on Hamilton yet. He's improved greatly this year. I know we've been spoilt by kids like Bont, Daniel, McLean etc coming in and performing but it's the exception not the rule.

He needs to build up his body before we should make a categorical call. I think he has something and hope he gets another year.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be moving on Hamilton yet. He's improved greatly this year. I know we've been spoilt by kids like Bont, Daniel, McLean etc coming in and performing but it's the exception not the rule.

He needs to build up his body before we should make a categorical call. I think he has something and hope he gets another year.
    Same question as to Rocco. Who are the other two in addition to Minson & Prudden as of today?