Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  429
Page 14 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving Rolling De-Listing/Trading Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Same question as to Rocco. Who are the other two in addition to Minson & Prudden as of today?
    Clay Smith because Dunkley is essentially the same player with 2 good knees.

Unsure of the other one but I'm leaning towards trading out a player like Hrovat or HC.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Clay to rookie list unless he is decent on return.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Yep, Clay to rookie list unless he is decent on return.
    How big is your rookie list?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    How big is your rookie list?
    Haha well if Will accepts my rookie list offer we need to dump one! My plan...

Trade or keep- Hrovat, Honeychurch
    Senior to rookie- Minson, C. Smith, Prudden
    Rookie delist/retire- Goetz, Adcock
    --------------------------------------------------
    That means 1 too many rookies. As stated, I would only keep Prudden to do the right thing but might have to make a hard call. I do not except to see Minson on rookie list anyway.

If Clay has a good return it basically rules out a demotion, meaning we pretty much have to trade out Honeychurch and/or Hrovat. If nothings on offer for either, we will simply have to delist a guy we rate. I guess the down side of having a strong list! Bit like the Swans rating Shane Biggs but having to trade him out.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha well if Will accepts my rookie list offer we need to dump one! My plan...

Trade or keep- Hrovat, Honeychurch
    Senior to rookie- Minson, C. Smith, Prudden
    Rookie delist/retire- Goetz, Adcock
    --------------------------------------------------
    That means 1 too many rookies. As stated, I would only keep Prudden to do the right thing but might have to make a hard call. I do not except to see Minson on rookie list anyway.

If Clay has a good return it basically rules out a demotion, meaning we pretty much have to trade out Honeychurch and/or Hrovat. If nothings on offer for either, we will simply have to delist a guy we rate. I guess the down side of having a strong list! Bit like the Swans rating Shane Biggs but having to trade him out.
    You could upgrade Lynch from Rookie to senior if he is any good.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I have wanted Prudden delisted for a couple of years in a row now but Beveridge seems to rate him highly.

As a side note, I find the forced 3 delistings rule a bit silly. Surely sides want to enter the draft anyway and having a guy losing his job at a work place he is happy at just to get to 3.... Say we would like to keep Honeychurch, value him more than pick 50 or whatever comes our way last pick. What's the point of delisting him, having his future uncertain etc? I guess the kind of rule that never comes up so who cares.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Another side note, I think having 2 different lists is very outdated. The rookie list started to give more kids a go with clubs paying less of a salary, kind of like taking on an apprentice. For awhile we didn't fill our list because we couldn't afford it. The game keeps on becoming more and more professional. The only way we should have a second tier list is in American Sports style with an injury list. This involves being able to pick up players outside of the AFL to replace players on the long term injury list.

8. Thanks Drunken Bum thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I can keep track of the various ideas:

Upgrade Lynch using pick 54/82
    Delist & rookie Smith, Minson & Prudden (cutting Goetz & Adcock) - Minson would have to be picked first and what happens is he goes?
    Fourth spot cut is Hrovat/Honey

And if Romero is wanted and gets through to the rookie draft?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't answer Lynch question. I don't see any reason to upgrade him yet. If there are too many rookies + we have made 3 changes, I would keep Clay on the senior list.

Post Thanks / Like

Another side note, I think having 2 different lists is very outdated. The rookie list started to give more kids a go with clubs paying less of a salary, kind of like taking on an apprentice. For awhile we didn't fill our list because we couldn't afford it. The game keeps on becoming more and more professional. The only way we should have a second tier list is in American Sports style with an injury list. This involves being able to pick up players outside of the AFL to replace players on the long term injury list.
    Is the rookie list set at 4?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't answer Lynch question. I don't see any reason to upgrade him yet. If there are too many rookies + we have made 3 changes, I would keep Clay on the senior list.
    Cool, I'm just trying to keep a track of things. So your 3 are Minson, Prudden (to rookie list for Adcock & Goetz) and Honey/Hrovat.

So if we like Romero he's on the main list irregardless?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Is the rookie list set at 4?
    It's all a bit complicated with the veterans list which has two working subsets at the moment (those side before and after veterans list changes).

From what I know, if you have no veterans list players = 6 rookies and 1 vets list = 5 rookies. Not including internationals and guys we poach from other sports.

GWS get granted 216 rookies.

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Given we need to shed 3+ players every year, the main question is who does our list least need. For mine the 4 players we could shed would be Minson, Adcock, Hamilton and Prudden. No disrespect to these players (Minson will go down as a Bulldog great, no question) but they are the 4 that we can afford to lose coming into next season. All others have plenty to offer going forward in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Minson - delist. No point rookieing - its effectively what we have done for the last 18 months.
    Prudden - delist - heart says we should rookie, but head says he is not going to offer more than he has already offered during his time on the list. We have better players in his position.

Hamling - in the spotlight - not in favour with the coach is never a good thing. Adams has taken his spot and he has Dad and Cordy breathing down his neck as rookies
    Hrovat - in the spotlight - injury plagued 2 years means he hasn't had the continuity. Is he a best 22 player or have others gone past him?
    C Smith - in the spotlight - genuine case for a rookie spot, but 3 reco's in 3 years means that he needs some luck.
    Jong - in the spotlight - with midfield spots filled and his struggling to grasp a spot as a defensive forward he has been underwhelming in 2016. A big 11 games ahead.
    Hamilton - in the spotlight - his draft class have all debuted and shown talent. the draft class a year later have all debuted and showed signs. Would have to be in the gun, but may get a late reprieve if there are signs that he is 12-18 months away from turning it on.

17. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Hamling - in the spotlight - not in favour with the coach is never a good thing. Adams has taken his spot and he has Dad and Cordy breathing down his neck as rookies
    Where are you getting that information from?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"