Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  429
Page 51 of 104 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving Rolling De-Listing/Trading Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Well now it's officially Prudden, Stevens, Hrovat, Hamling & Boyd unsigned. Need 3 or 4 of them gone. Likely (Prudden, Stevens &) one or two of Hrovat, Hamling & Boyd.
    Stevens & Hrovat likely to be traded. Hopefully Hamling re-signs, hopefully Boyd plays one more. Wouldn't be surprised if Prudden is delisted and re-rookied. I'd guess Roarke Smith gets promoted.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon before Saturday Boyd was 90% certain to play next year. Now i reckon its 50/50.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Can't really top going out as an All Australian in a drought breaking premiership year.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting the feeling Boyd will finish up.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Stevens & Hrovat likely to be traded. Hopefully Hamling re-signs, hopefully Boyd plays one more. Wouldn't be surprised if Prudden is delisted and re-rookied. I'd guess Roarke Smith gets promoted.
    If Roarke gets upgraded we need another additional change.

Out: Minson, Prudden, Stevens, Fourth Player (From Hamling, Boyd, Hrovat)
    In: Cloke, Pick 18, Pick 36, Pick 59

Hamling is my first priority. Hrovat second. Boyd third. As Enright said, going out as an AA with premiership success is a great way to go.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

If Roarke gets upgraded we need another additional change.

Out: Minson, Prudden, Stevens, Fourth Player (From Hamling, Boyd, Hrovat)
    In: Cloke, Pick 18, Pick 36, Pick 59

Hamling is my first priority. Hrovat second. Boyd third. As Enright said, going out as an AA with premiership success is a great way to go.
    When looking at those names the Hamilton decision seems a strange one.

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    When looking at those names the Hamilton decision seems a strange one.
    Yeah, it makes me now think a fourth player has flagged a trade a while back. No way has he got those three covered yet.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it makes me now think a fourth player has flagged a trade a while back. No way has he got those three covered yet.
    Honeychurch?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    Honeychurch?
    I would've thought so, but JMac reckons he wants to see out next year and force his way into the afl side. Or it's posturing by JMac and we are looking to increase his slender value.

Post Thanks / Like

Do we have to draft 3 new players or just turn over 3? Would Cloke count as one of the 3?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Do we have to draft 3 new players or just turn over 3? Would Cloke count as one of the 3?
    My understanding is that we need to go to the draft with 3 spots. Cloke or any traded in player would not count, but a rookie upgrade would.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

It's a good situation to have. We're struggling to come up with 3 - 4 changes. Just shows how deep our list is. Previous season I could easily have thrown off 5 - 8 names without even thinking and I'd have been generous to a few.

Hamling is an interesting one though. Mid season I would have had him delisted, he was playing a different role in the VFL and seemed way down the peaking order as a Defender at AFL. Correct me if I'm wrong I think the first gamer Collins got the nod over him. He was played by default because we pretty much had no one left and became a September/October hero. We lose a bit of depth at the position should he go but with Adams, Roberts, Collins and Cordy probably going back in defence the cover is there.

All that being said I'd hate to lose him and be rapt to see him sign on, he's one of the 22 to bring a flag to this club and he was fantastic in the games when it counted. The kid proved me wrong, he can play!

Anyway my prediction is this, but doesn't mean I would like it to happen. Boyd to pull up stumps and Hamling will go back home. Minson, Stevens, Prudden (Rookie) and possibly Hrovat out. We bring Cloke in giving us 4 - 5 picks in the draft.

Could something out of left field be made by our list management team. Contracted player traded out maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    My understanding is that we need to go to the draft with 3 spots. Cloke or any traded in player would not count, but a rookie upgrade would.
    That is my understanding as well.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding the other player Jmac said we may have some interest in, I've been giving it some thought and the obvious position we need filling is a developing ruck. This is backed up by our reported interest previously in Vardy and Nicholls.

I wouldn't be surprised if we try and nab another undervalued player who has spent a couple of years in the system, like Hamling and Biggs.

Someone like Harry Dear would fit the profile well. Big, Victorian and when he was drafted was a ruck/key forward.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Regarding the other player Jmac said we may have some interest in, I've been giving it some thought and the obvious position we need filling is a developing ruck. This is backed up by our reported interest previously in Vardy and Nicholls.

I wouldn't be surprised if we try and nab another undervalued player who has spent a couple of years in the system, like Hamling and Biggs.

Someone like Harry Dear would fit the profile well. Big, Victorian and when he was drafted was a ruck/key forward.
    I could see some merit in looking at Harry Dear and I think we had some mild interest in him when he was drafted. He's a fair way behind in the pecking order at Adelaide despite some strong form in the SANFL. The good part is that he played every game this year and should be over the shoulder injury that plagued him in 2015. I think he kicked 35 goals in the SANFL which is good return,

Where the likes of Vardy might look at our side as being too hard to get a regular spot in someone like Dear would still be content to wait for a few chances if they presented.

I'd still like to get someone who is more of a genuine ruck option but he's worth considering.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Likes Dry Rot liked this post