Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  429
Page 73 of 104 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1560
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving Rolling De-Listing/Trading Thread 2016

It's intriguing to know that our club's relative silence during a trade period where we have a few guys out of contract and on the verge of leaving must belie what is actually going on behind the scenes. I can't think of any official commentary or chatter in the media as to who we may be interested in.

It says something about the culture within the club that we've managed to keep our dealings with prospective players and clubs relatively low profile. I mean, its ridiculous to even consider that the recruiting team is not acutely aware of the effect on the list structure of those likely to depart. We must therefore, like other clubs being mentioned in the media, be actively approaching other clubs and players to explore deals. But unlike many other clubs right now there is almost a complete absence of chatter about who we are into.
    But does anyone else get a vibe, that this silence may be concealing a seriously big deal(s)?

I know he's hardly a reliable source for confirming what day of the week it is, let alone breaking serious trade scoops....but Barrett's tone in sliding doors, suggesting we were very likely to pull off a serious coup, seemed indicative that he had personal knowledge of, or maybe a hint of what we're up to.

Who might it be? I'm trying to think of what big names have remotely been spoken about as a trade, even at a whisper.... Goldstein?? Deledio?? O'Meara??? Prestia??? Fyfe?

Irrespective of whether Barrett's 'I sorta know something no one else knows' comment is true or not, the fact we've been able to keep details of our enquiries or likely targets so low profile in the media is perhaps a revealing insight into how tight our club is operating right now right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Or, JMac is actually drinking mohijtos on a beach in the Bahamas with this unshakable feeling like he's forgetting to do something important.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Or, JMac is actually drinking mohijtos on a beach in the Bahamas with this unshakable feeling like he's forgetting to do something important.
    "Do you like Pina Coladas....and.......OH SHIT..OH SHITOH NOOOO OH FFFFFFFFFF.........!!!!!!!!!!

5. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Daughter of the West liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kim Hagdorn claiming Hamling will request a trade to Freo today.

This week's gone well ...
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

SEN reporting that Hamling looks more likely than unlikely to move to Freo.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Kim Hagdorn claiming Hamling will request a trade to Freo today.

This week's gone well ...
    Unlike.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Yoko Ono is involved with all these players wanting to leave? Someones certainly determined to break up the band

This is one of the problems with an extremely deep playing list, other clubs can get into their ears and offer them some better opportunities. I'd certainly consider losing some depth if we can then package something together and attract a high end talent in return.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

What we know

Out: Minson, Stevens, Hrovat, Adams - all saying wanting out.

Considering options: Hamling

In: Cloke but we haven't the right pick as Collingwood need points for F/S
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What we know

Out: Minson, Stevens, Hrovat, Adams - all saying wanting out.

Considering options: Hamling

In: Cloke but we haven't the right pick as Collingwood need points for F/S
    We have the right picks because at the end of the day they have to get rid of his wage especially given the players they have coming in. Their father son picks are their problem and I hope we don't see it as ours to resolve.

To me it's essentially Cloke and his wage out for whatever we have left over.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We have the right picks because at the end of the day they have to get rid of his wage especially given the players they have coming in. Their father son picks are their problem and I hope we don't see it as ours to resolve.

To me it's essentially Cloke and his wage out for whatever we have left over.
    If they need the picks then they can get them elsewhere. Hold firm and don't blink.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    If they need the picks then they can get them elsewhere. Hold firm and don't blink.
    I read it as Cloke and the lowest pick we have that we won't be using.

For instance if we went to the draft we 3 spots and managed picks below 40 for them, we would give them our next pick, which could be in the 50's
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Yoko Ono is involved with all these players wanting to leave? Someones certainly determined to break up the band

This is one of the problems with an extremely deep playing list, other clubs can get into their ears and offer them some better opportunities. I'd certainly consider losing some depth if we can then package something together and attract a high end talent in return.
    It'll be a shame to lose some depth from the current list, because we benefited so well from it this season. That being said, the list has proven to be extraordinarily deep, tried and tested by necessity. Touch wood, it'd be hard to imagine another year of bad luck on the injury front like we had this year. In my mind that balances some of the risk/reward elements of trying to squeeze a really valuable player out of all the trade scenarios we're facing, top end talent coming in for good quality players going out.

Post Thanks / Like

Hamling and Adams are both asking to go home, which I don't think has anything to do with opportunity. Potentially money, but it seems like the difference is minimal there as well.

Stevens we didn't want anymore.

Hrovat it seems supporters wanted to keep, but the club is happy to let him go.

I don't think we're breaking up the band, it's just that we don't have anyone worthy of delisting so we're attempting to trade our bottom few players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I read it as Cloke and the lowest pick we have that we won't be using.

For instance if we went to the draft we 3 spots and managed picks below 40 for them, we would give them our next pick, which could be in the 50's
    Yeah that I have no issue with, I just don't want to move players just to free up or get a pick for them

Post Thanks / Like

peter ryan ‏@petryan 5m5 minutes ago
    .@westernbulldogs defender Joel Hamling has decided to join Fremantle. #AFLTrades

Not surprising. Now lets get a deal done.