Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  56
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NAB Challenge Game 3 v Collingwood - Etihad Saturday March 12

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Bummer about Dickson. Amazing the amount of times he was able to steady us/ keep us in the game by kicking straight. Straight kicking is still underrated in the AFL.

Just having a look at the side surely we wouldn't go in against Fremantle with Boyd, Redpath, Campbell and Roughead?

The only way I see that working is if Roughead is fullback which doesn't look to be on the cards going by preseason so far.
    Currently, we have a squad of 27, so it includes a few playing off for spots. I'd reckon 1 of these will be cut come R1.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very surprised that Hamling and Roberts haven't been the number 1 and 2 options in the games so far. Not so much performance wise but thinking about round 1. Do we want to go in with 1 or 2 first gamers as key defenders against Freo in a round 1 pressure game?

What I've seen so far of both Adams and Collins is that they may be ok down the track, some good things there but both have made some basic skill errors by foot and have been caught out of position several times allowing easy goals (from what I've seen on the limited tv vision).
    I think they would struggle with the pace and pressure of a round 1 game and should be eased in via the VFL further into the season.

Is Dickson injured or sick? We were told he was ill in the GWS game, he didn't look well and finished the game early, couldn't still be sick could he?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    I'm very surprised that Hamling and Roberts haven't been the number 1 and 2 options in the games so far. Not so much performance wise but thinking about round 1. Do we want to go in with 1 or 2 first gamers as key defenders against Freo in a round 1 pressure game?

What I've seen so far of both Adams and Collins is that they may be ok down the track, some good things there but both have made some basic skill errors by foot and have been caught out of position several times allowing easy goals (from what I've seen on the limited tv vision).
    I think they would struggle with the pace and pressure of a round 1 game and should be eased in via the VFL further into the season.

As promising the signs are so far with both Collins and Adams, I would have thought they would not yet be in serious contention to take a defensive spot from either Hamling or Roberts.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Let's all take a deep breath and bear this in mind: good sides have the depth to deal with whatever the season throws up. I think we are definitely moving in that direction depth-wise. So, I'm confident whichever 22 take the field in Round 1 they will give their all because they know the competition for a spot in the team is so intense. It's going to be one helluva season. Strap yourselves in for the ride of your lives. The planets are aligning.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

5. Likes N/A, Bulldog Joe, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whilst it would be unusual to take in 2 first gamers as key defenders, at least they would be playing in a team defence system in conjunction with the exceptionally well experienced group of Murphy, Morris, Boyd and Wood, which is a helluva lot more support than a traditional key defender would experience.

7. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forward to this game. To me this was the game that kick started our season last year and I'd love to see a similar display
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

9. Likes Twodogs, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm looking forward to this game. To me this was the game that kick started our season last year and I'd love to see a similar display
    Agree with you there G.
    The Filth have been in some red hot form in their first 2 nab games though and it should be a cracking game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Very true. I watched the game at the pub and we switched into a gear that we then rode up the ladder for the rest of the year. It was a revelation - even if it was only a NAB Cup match.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: NAB Challenge Game 3 v Collingwood - Etihad Saturday March 12

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    Agree with you there G.
    The Filth have been in some red hot form in their first 2 nab games though and it should be a cracking game.
    Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Very true. I watched the game at the pub and we switched into a gear that we then rode up the ladder for the rest of the year. It was a revelation - even if it was only a NAB Cup match.
    That was the night we first unleashed the men of mayhem and Collingwood didn't know what hit them. We were all over them like a rash all night and as soon as we got the ball we took off. It was great to watch.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Minson out with a hamstring injury.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That was the night we first unleashed the men of mayhem and Collingwood didn't know what hit them. We were all over them like a rash all night and as soon as we got the ball we took off. It was great to watch.
    It was a brilliant display and had us all thinking wow this could be the start of a new dawn at our club.

Post Thanks / Like

Really looking forward to see how we go on Saturday. Want to see us locking down the Pies ball movement more effectively than we have thus far this preseason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Minson out with a hamstring injury.
    Uh-huh. I thought it was interesting that he'd been the guy left out but it reduces the intrigue a little if he's injured. Although I'm very keen to know how the ruck men are viewed by the MC at this point.
    The way the key defender's line up and who gets left out of the squad will be telling.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

I think a lot of our guys have been a few gears short of full exertion so far this NAB competition. Would be super exciting to see a fully fledged men of mayhem approach to NAB3.

Post Thanks / Like

Should be another good hitout once again. Looking forward to seeing our full strength team out there putting in the effort as we had a lot of stars missing last week - Still of course don't want to go mega hard as we want to save our best for the real stuff.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"