Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  56
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NAB Challenge Game 3 v Collingwood - Etihad Saturday March 12

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm looking forward to this game. To me this was the game that kick started our season last year and I'd love to see a similar display
    It would be a huge confident booster that's for sure.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Uh-huh. I thought it was interesting that he'd been the guy left out but it reduces the intrigue a little if he's injured. Although I'm very keen to know how the ruck men are viewed by the MC at this point.
    The way the key defender's line up and who gets left out of the squad will be telling.
    I think it's going to be a revolving door this year in terms of the ruck position. We've showed we're willing to tank ruck contests so even guys like Redpath and Boyd will do their fair share of duties there. At a guess Tom Campbell will line up in Round 1. Wil is getting to those dreaded 30's and Freo don't have Sandi so no point risking further damage by rushing him back.

Post Thanks / Like

We would all love a win today but what other aspects of the game would you be hoping for?

I'd like to see a Tom Boyd 3 or 4 goal effort and a good game from Joel Hamling
    Of course a big effort from Liberatore and the much maligned Roughead wouldn't go astray either
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

No injuries GVG. That's all I hope for out of these games

5. Likes azabob, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A men of mayhem style ferocious attack on the ball, continued development from our young key backs and the 2 big Toms to make a real impact.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like the roof closed with the way the sky is looking.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I'd like the roof closed with the way the sky is looking.
    Seriously mate. Nothing more out of the game than a closed roof? Surely you jest

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    A men of mayhem style ferocious attack on the ball, continued development from our young key backs and the 2 big Toms to make a real impact.
    Love it. It was this time almost 12 months ago where I was struggling to describe they type of football I had seen. Manic was the word I used. A return of MOM style today even for a couple of quarters would get the blood pumping

Post Thanks / Like

I would certainly like to see Roughy earn his spot.

Also like to see Adams lock down his round 1 position.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously mate. Nothing more out of the game than a closed roof? Surely you jest
    I'd like to see who our key defenders are going to be sorted out before round one. Are we going to go with two, one or no debutants is the key question for mine. I think two debutants on form.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

We would all love a win today but what other aspects of the game would you be hoping for?

I'd like to see a Tom Boyd 3 or 4 goal effort and a good game from Joel Hamling
    Of course a big effort from Liberatore and the much maligned Roughead wouldn't go astray either
    I would like to see Big Jack and Tommy Boyd successfully playing well together in the forward line. This is the one priority for me today.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see the forward line look cohesive and capable of kicking big scores even without two of our best goal kickers playing. That would particularly mean Boyd and Redpath combining well and even Tom Campbell clunking a few and hitting the scoreboard.

Also hoping to see Bonti running on top of the ground and looking cherry ripe.

And finally at least one key defender stamp themselves as a must for round 1.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Really want to see us defensively sound all over the ground, as it's the main area we need to improve upon this season. We know we can score, can we defend?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Love it. It was this time almost 12 months ago where I was struggling to describe they type of football I had seen. Manic was the word I used. A return of MOM style today even for a couple of quarters would get the blood pumping
    Sure would but as you say, just for couple of quarters. Men of Mayhem (full ground press defensively, play on at all costs with high numbers breaking forward of the ball offensively) was a great style (kudos Bevo) to kick start our season in 2015. Did we ever shake a few trees with that game! We found however that it was too taxing (culminating in the 1st StK game) to sustain for the full year. Bevo then modified the style and introduced more mobile players into the line up. The EF loss indicated that further evolution is required. In particular, getting the balance right between fast attacking and guarding the rear against the dreaded turn over in our forward half. I am hoping to learn a bit more today about that evolution.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon