Thanks Thanks:  39
Likes Likes:  195
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Our jumper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our jumper

I'm ok with Danny getting moved on, the schtick had run its course IMO. But kowtowing to sponsors/AFL/our Disney overlords etc without any member engagement is only going to further disenfranchise the fanbase.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Memory suggests Danny departed before Bains joined the fold.

Perhaps Danny's handiwork saw senior figures at other clubs get their noses out of joint. Senior figures with thinner skins but more pull at AFEL House than us. Perhaps we asked Danny to tone it down a bit and he said stuff that. Or perhaps his management upped his 'price' on the back of his success. Will we ever know? Him walking away with no explanation's a genuine head scratcher.

It is a timely example though of effective, smartly-executed innovation. It wasn't just us applauding his work, it was the whole AFEL community to the extent some even began to mimic what we were doing, albeit shabbily.

Can't see too many but the marketing masterminds applauding this ridiculous childish jumper but best I pull up there before I become triggered again.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'm ok with Danny getting moved on, the schtick had run its course IMO. But kowtowing to sponsors/AFL/our Disney overlords etc without any member engagement is only going to further disenfranchise the fanbase.
    I doubt it over one single jumper.

I personally hate the away jumpers, they are non traditional, I hate the look, but I accept it because I love watching my team play.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I doubt it over one single jumper.

I personally hate the away jumpers, they are non traditional, I hate the look, but I accept it because I love watching my team play.
    The new Bulldog logo has really grown on me. But I agree, you don't go to battle in white. Has no feeling of passion.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs wore the ‘Thor’ one off strip at open training this afternoon and the jumper looked surprisingly good when viewed on the whole team...
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

7. Likes Doggy, Prince Imperial, Eastdog, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I may be on my own, but I like the concept of the jumper.

Let’s hammer the swans.

9. Likes Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We wore Robodog every week for 15 years.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

11. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks quite good I think.

Dunkley training photo
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 19-03-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

PR guys have been busy getting their hands up the butts of their puppets. The aggressive sales pitch / shut down from JJ earlier in the week and the slightly tempered, sheepish diplomatic sell from the Bont today on SEN.

Not going to change now, the club has made it clear they don't care. The Thor jumper looks shit, is a genuinely bad idea and cheapens us as a group. We'll carry the shame and embarrassment forever. It's damaged my view of the Club's back of house staff greatly, for whatever little that's actually worth.

Aside from that I am going to try not let it ruin my day at the footy from this point in.

14. Thanks Rocket Science thanked for this post
    Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I'll defend Robo dog till the day I die from being bitten by a robo dog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Don't give the marketing department any ideas about 'Thor', I beg you.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    PR guys have been busy getting their hands up the butts of their puppets. The aggressive sales pitch / shut down from JJ earlier in the week and the slightly tempered, sheepish diplomatic sell from the Bont today on SEN.

Not going to change now, the club has made it clear they don't care. The Thor jumper looks shit, is a genuinely bad idea and cheapens us as a group. We'll carry the shame and embarrassment forever. It's damaged my view of the Club's back of house staff greatly, for whatever little that's actually worth.

Aside from that I am going to try not let it ruin my day at the footy from this point in.
    Based on the shots of the blokes faffing about in 'Thor' at training, from any distance grater than 5 yards it looks like greasy, non-descript mess. They really should've added the helmets for full effect, and I'm sure the AFEL would've at least paused to consider it.

I did hear Gillon mention that every club may propose *one* novelty jumper per year and one only, so at least the season remainder will be unsullied by shitty showbag trinkets.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

18. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just want to check if the jumper we wore tonight was a major concern to your GameDay experience? Never have I seen so much ado about nothing.

20. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I just want to check if the jumper we wore tonight was a major concern to your GameDay experience? Never have I seen so much ado about nothing.
    I will say, players were lost in the crowd when looking across the ground.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the jumpers from a distance (my seat on level2) weren’t toobad. I also think they should be burned. Whenever someone came nearer, or they were on the video screen, I got a good look. It is a shocking jumper.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]