Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Our jumper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our jumper

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

The prosecution rests your honour.
    Looks great
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Excellent point hujsh but the funny thing is that the older people I talked to at the game on Saturday were OK with it as a one off and some of the younger people thought it was a nonsense.
    There's something in that. Older crew invoking the threat of existential crises to rationalise the jumper scenario. Younger folk invoking tribalism and identity in opposition. The culture wars have come to merchandising agreements.

I am still bitterly dissapointed in the Club's position that the home jumper is fair game for these stunts. Make them, sell them, promote them, train in them, warm up in them, tell us you love them. I'd almost be prepared to concede ground enough to include away games should it be appropriate for clash purposes. But please don't wear them at home for premiership points.

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne supporting idiot masquerading as a man of the working class. He's ironically taking the mick with every post and the target of his fun lap it up. Not sure why he's relevant.

5. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    It's Titus, he's funny, he's talking about the jumper, it's a thread about the jumper...Does it really need explanation?
    I think its subjective that he's funny.

7. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

The prosecution rests your honour.
    It's no longer Footscray either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    There's something in that. Older crew invoking the threat of existential crises to rationalise the jumper scenario. Younger folk invoking tribalism and identity in opposition. The culture wars have come to merchandising agreements.

I am still bitterly dissapointed in the Club's position that the home jumper is fair game for these stunts. Make them, sell them, promote them, train in them, warm up in them, tell us you love them. I'd almost be prepared to concede ground enough to include away games should it be appropriate for clash purposes. But please don't wear them at home for premiership points.
    I don't think there's anything in that. Hitherto Footscray now the Western Bulldogs, can you ever imagine going back? I'm not the most progressive person in history but I see the amazing opportunity the club was presented with and they took full advantage with the endorsement of the players we all trust with the most important part; winning games. I would've been more dissapointed if we didn't take this chance. There is a saying in business; standing still is going backwards.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 25-03-2019 at 07:18 PM. Reason: i cant type

10. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It's no longer Footscray either.
    I still feel that pain but don't think this marketing effort betrays the club. We were always about being inventive and competitive. The image of being heroes is not a betrayal. The colours were upheld.

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually liked the jumper , I have not been a fan of many but that really took my eye once they were playing in it.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I actually liked the jumper , I have not been a fan of many but that really took my eye once they were playing in it.
    Me too. I wouldn't mind if they made an away strip similar to that. I liked the look of the blue front and red back.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Listening to Sen today and some lady ( I think it was KBs wife) said it made the players look bigger around the chest with the shading and I tend to agree.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't what I expected though. Perhaps there has been a change by many of the older folk since we won the flag and I must admit a few years back I would have been challenging the decision but I was nowhere near as passionate about it than I otherwise would have been.

I get that.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I think its subjective that he's funny.
    It's subjective that anyone's funny. It's fair to say he's pretty popular among people who take an interest in football.

18. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne supporting idiot masquerading as a man of the working class. He's ironically taking the mick with every post and the target of his fun lap it up. Not sure why he's relevant.
    He's fantastic. He's just as likely to make fun of Melbourne as anyone.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

He isn’t.

Using him as a reason to argue a point one way or another to me, I is like using Wikipedia as a valid reference source in a university assignment.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

21. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    He isn’t.

Using him as a reason to argue a point one way or another to me, I is like using Wikipedia as a valid reference source in a university assignment.
    It wasn't to argue the point. It was just a bit of fun. But congratulations on winning the argument.

23. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post