Thanks Thanks:  39
Likes Likes:  195
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Our jumper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our jumper

BTW where's our new stadium deal? If we're doing this without a new deal the stadium simply has to be burned to the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    BTW where's our new stadium deal? If we're doing this without a new deal the stadium simply has to be burned to the ground.
    Honour system. Gil will good for his word.

On that Gil got the revenge he wanted over the GWS Prelim Banner:

Our club was born in blood & boots,
    With jumpers contrived in Marvel & AFEL focus groups.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Part of jumper sales go to charity- anything wrong with that.

Lets focus on the game and stop worrying about a once off jumper. ( Shakes head indisbelief )
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Thanks mjp thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Part of sales go to charity- anything wrong with that.

Lets focas on the game and stop worrying about a once off jumper. ( Shakes head indisbelief )
    Focas (shakes head in disbelief)

Half of not much is better than nothing. Now if only there was a great re-signing to focas on.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Good on the club for trying to get into the media and a bit of attention. Kids are going to love this idea. Dammed if you do, dammed if you don’t. They say there is not such thing as bad publicity.

Great news Lachie signing on. We could do with a few more good news stories. Mind you we don’t make the media too often so why would we release two stories in one day, that makes no sense what’s so ever.

8. Thanks mjp thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, it looks crap.

It's going to look even crapper if we get pantsed and the headlines will write themselves.

Talk about painting yourself into a bloody corner.

If I were the players, I'd feel pretty stupid running around in kit like that. The fellas need all they can muster to play tall and come out firing in the first week and this is sure as sh*t is not going to help one iota.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

10. Likes Cyberdoggie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    Sorry, it looks crap.

It's going to look even crapper if we get pantsed and the headlines will write themselves.

Talk about painting yourself into a bloody corner.

If I were the players, I'd feel pretty stupid running around in kit like that. The fellas need all they can muster to play tall and come out firing in the first week and this is sure as sh*t is not going to help one iota.
    I hadn't thought of what the players would actually feel. Or I assume the 120 minutes of trash talk the boys are going to cop, especially after every goal, free, missed tackle etc. Hopefully Sydney will be pretty respectful. From memory when Garry Hocking changed his name to 'Whiskers' for a game for money and the brand publicity, I think he copped it on field and didn't play too well.

Post Thanks / Like

Love that our club is being so progressive - much better than being irrelevant like St Kilda or North Melbourne.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

I normally don’t like anything that disrespects or devalues our traditional strip.

If the $$ on offer to the Club for this marketing gimmick stacked up then I’m Ok with it as a kind of one off but I haven’t read anywhere to suggest it was an offer from Marvel too good to refuse.

If we’ve sold out for the sale of a few jumpers and a gimmicky marketing exercise akin to the worst parts of AFLX then I would be very disappointed that our marketing / commercial area has taken this path.

If they want a child friendly strip to sell a few more jumpers release it for use during the JLT as a pre-season strip.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe that people are for this.

Seriously???

It's pathetic. It's embarrassing.

As pointed out by others just over 2 years ago we celebrated our banner for highlighting our identity and integrity for "being born in blood and boots...not focus groups". Now we are going to open our season running out in the AFL equivalent of a "free car wash" sign. You can't have it both ways, we can't be the antithesis of the plastic Giants while also being genuises for cashing in on this Marvel gimmick.

If we are prepared to do this for money what next? If Cadbury offer us the money are we running out in Cherry Ripe themed jumpers? I know the NRL clubs have done the Marvel thing before, and it was tacky as hell.

I am all for jumpers for a cause, the Indigenous jumpers, the pride jumpers etc. They all have a purpose that isn't purely selling out.

I dunno. We are a club that is desperately trying to reclaim some respect and this does the opposite to that. Everyone I've talked to has laughed about it. We are literally a laughing stock. Since the Grand Final we could not have been more frustrating both on and off field and this just feels like another case of the club going the opposite way to the majority of it's already exasperated fanbase.

I think I'm pretty firmly in the "Oh F*ck off" category on this topic.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

You will never forget it either. This type of abomination sticks in people's memories forever.
    No one forgets the Hawthorn power ranger or the diamond jockey top, or how about Carlton's light blue m&m's outfit!

Those bad designs pale into insignificance when comparing to a cartoon characters imitation costume!

I'm all for promoting it for sale in the shops, slapping it on woofer and the dancing pups around the ground etc etc, but not on the players. They have gone too far this time and I think they have misjudged people's reaction big time.

16. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like it. Its a modern take on our colours and whilst I wouldn't want it trotted out in a GF, its ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Doug certainly isn't a fan of the jumper.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

"Messing with the jumper risks messing with the fabric.". Greg Baum. I bet you spent hours coming up with that one.

Well, hope we get some Asgardian inspiration in our backline. Otherwise Easton might wish he'd worn something a little less memorable. NRL players as heroes? yeah I have no problem with that. I am sure Thor has a sex tape stashed somewhere. Demi-gods are only human.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    I normally don’t like anything that disrespects or devalues our traditional strip.

If the $$ on offer to the Club for this marketing gimmick stacked up then I’m Ok with it as a kind of one off but I haven’t read anywhere to suggest it was an offer from Marvel too good to refuse.

If we’ve sold out for the sale of a few jumpers and a gimmicky marketing exercise akin to the worst parts of AFLX then I would be very disappointed that our marketing / commercial area has taken this path.

If they want a child friendly strip to sell a few more jumpers release it for use during the JLT as a pre-season strip.
    makea wish will get some benefit from sales, other $$$ not sure
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.