Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Footy Folklore Fred

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Huge variances in autism but from what I know they are brilliant at things that interest them, so being autistic can be a massive advantage in that way but just don't take them out of routine.
    My great nephew is autistic if he has his medicine he is pretty normal. Plays footy at deer park and from what I gather he can play really well but if he doesn't take his medicine he is away with the fairies just walking around taking everything in.
    He is full on with the western bulldogs and numbers , talked about the movie "imitation game" and he knew the guy back to front , he is only 14.
    That's only true in a fairly small amount of cases. It's a sort of movie thing.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That's only true in a fairly small amount of cases. It's a sort of movie thing.
    Every kid I know with autism is extremely good at something, eg one you can ask him how to get anywhere on trains at any time and he will tell you what train, what time , where to change etc etc. My brother is a train driver and he just adores him.
    So to me it isn't a fallacy, but the variances are pretty huge in autism.
    And the ones I know if you change their daily routine they are very hard to convince its okay . Hissy fits are extreme.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Every kid I know with autism is extremely good at something, eg one you can ask him how to get anywhere on trains at any time and he will tell you what train, what time , where to change etc etc. My brother is a train driver and he just adores him.
    So to me it isn't a fallacy, but the variances are pretty huge in autism.
    And the ones I know if you change their daily routine they are very hard to convince its okay . Hissy fits are extreme.
    Yep, you're quite right about routine. Routine rules with autism.

I remember getting lost in the Dandenongs on an excursion with a bus load of autistic kids years ago. We ended up on a dirt track in the middle of nowhere and just as we realise we don't have a melways a little kid pipes up from the back of the bus "I know how to get home from here" He knew the directions all the way back home to St. Albans. From memory, all the names of the streets and all.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

4. Likes Maddog37 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

refer here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.