Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  21
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 1 2016 Discussion

Only saw the 3rd quarter but Dangerfield reminded me of when GaJ was at the Cats towards the end. They just constantly looked for him would give him lots of quick one two passes and it looked like he was anything but a new recruit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Depends what you do with those possessions.

PS: Dahl 16 cp from 25 disposals.
    Why bring Dahl into the conversation?

Post Thanks / Like

I hate Geelong and so I now cannot stand watching Dangerfield run around and dominate in their colours. I sincerely hope they fall in a hole, don't want them anywhere near top 4. They've had their time.

Just on Hawthorn, I know they came back strong in the third but I wasn't impressed by them. I went to the game and what really stood out was how much they miss Lake, Hale and Roughead. Their marking power around the ground was non-existant without those three. Frawley and Gibson are now required to play on better opponents, McEvoy had to shoulder the load and can't play forward like Hale (Ceglar to come back will help mitigate) and Schoenmakers is a pretty average footballer, particularly when a defender of any quality is appointed to him.

I think this will be telling for Hawthorn. Yes, they have a few to come back and they'll never be easy to beat. I still think they make top 4, but I don't see them being dominant. A slight drop off from either Mitchell (seems unlikely), Lewis or Hodge would be catastrophic for them.

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I hate Geelong and so I now cannot stand watching Dangerfield run around and dominate in their colours. I sincerely hope they fall in a hole, don't want them anywhere near top 4. They've had their time.

Just on Hawthorn, I know they came back strong in the third but I wasn't impressed by them. I went to the game and what really stood out was how much they miss Lake, Hale and Roughead. Their marking power around the ground was non-existant without those three. Frawley and Gibson are now required to play on better opponents, McEvoy had to shoulder the load and can't play forward like Hale (Ceglar to come back will help mitigate) and Schoenmakers is a pretty average footballer, particularly when a defender of any quality is appointed to him.

I think this will be telling for Hawthorn. Yes, they have a few to come back and they'll never be easy to beat. I still think they make top 4, but I don't see them being dominant. A slight drop off from either Mitchell (seems unlikely), Lewis or Hodge would be catastrophic for them.
    When Danger took that hanger in the last qtr, Frawley sagged off and was only worried about his direct opponent. This is why he will never be as good as Lake - Lakey would have instinctively done the team thing and gone off his direct opponent to kill that contest.
    Last edited by Sedat; 30-03-2016 at 11:10 PM.

6. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    A slight drop off from either Mitchell (seems unlikely), Lewis or Hodge would be catastrophic for them.
    They don't seem to have any quality young mids to replace these guys. That is the beauty of the draft.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am always wary of writing off Hawthorn but the longer they stay up, the deeper they will fall.