Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  21
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 1 2016 Discussion

Credit to the Saints, they're going at things really hard.

Agree with you regarding the running direction of Port mids Sedat.

Post Thanks / Like

'stache I was thinking of your post on my way in when I heard of Boyd's treatment in the first few minutes of the game. It's amazing how poorly he is treated by the umpires. It's almost time for some comments to be made publicly by the coach and for him to write a "please explain" letter.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have been really happy with Wines. I'm happy with Jack, but I'd have been happy with Wines.

Post Thanks / Like

Great game of t20 played by both sides .
    Port just getting killed by lack of each way run .

Post Thanks / Like

And port will run away with it.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

They did . They'd be concerned by the amount of goals stkilda kicked over the back .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    They did . They'd be concerned by the amount of goals stkilda kicked over the back .
    It was like they were playing an offside trap. Wrong sport unfortunately.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

8. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Commentators shit me to tears. Dangerfield was two inches off shoving his finger into the chest of the umpire and an abusive and demonstrative fashion and Luke Darcy doesn't like a free kick 'in a tight game'. WTF has a close game got to do with it, and since when is the whole zero tolerance of aggressive behaviour out the window for good players.

He should be suspended, Dangerfield was lucky the umpire stopped his momentum or he would have shoved his index finger into the umpires chest. I don't care who the player is or what time of the game it is of how close the scoreboard is.

Has Darcy had a lobotomy? Because he sounding worse and worse every time I hear him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Commentators shit me to tears. Dangerfield was two inches off shoving his finger into the chest of the umpire and an abusive and demonstrative fashion and Luke Darcy doesn't like a free kick 'in a tight game'. WTF has a close game got to do with it, and since when is the whole zero tolerance of aggressive behaviour out the window for good players.

He should be suspended, Dangerfield was lucky the umpire stopped his momentum or he would have shoved his index finger into the umpires chest. I don't care who the player is or what time of the game it is of how close the scoreboard is.

Has Darcy had a lobotomy? Because he sounding worse and worse every time I hear him.
    Had that happened on a rugby field he would have had hell to pay.

Say what you want about Rugby Union as a sport but any sort of misbehavior towards a referee is absolutely is dealt with swiftly.

12. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Darcy has become excruciating to listen to. Really truly unbearable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Had that happened on a rugby field he would have had hell to pay.

Say what you want about Rugby Union as a sport but any sort of misbehavior towards a referee is absolutely is dealt with swiftly.
    Absolutely. I still can't believe Darcy was saying it wasn't a free kick. Let alone 50m, let alone reportable. If the AFL do nothing because he's a name player then local umpires will have hell to pay for it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Hodge has apparently broken his arm today and likely to miss 4 weeks.

Cats prevail in a tough encounter
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Good win to the Cats. They looked to have topped up nicely, not sure they have a good enough squad though for a flag push
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Hodge has apparently broken his arm today and likely to miss 4 weeks.

Cats prevail in a tough encounter
    Geez, suddenly we get Hawthorn minus both Roughead and Hodge in round 3... I'm hopeful we can set up our season by the end of May.

Post Thanks / Like

Went along this afternoon, was a good contest and Dangerfield, along with Zac Smith were very impressive for the Cats.

The Hawks looked very likely at 3/4 time but Geelong managed to control the game and lock it in their forward half really well in the last - it actually reminded me a bit of what we did yesterday.