Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Robbo Reporting 11 Collingwood Players tested Positive to Drugs in Offseason

I don't have online access to report, but Eddie responded here

If anyone has access please post full article
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Robbo Reporting 11 Collingwood Players tested Positive to Drugs in Offseason

This doesn't surprise me anymore.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Robbo Reporting 11 Collingwood Players tested Positive to Drugs in Offseason

If I had to wear that Guernsey I'd be getting wasted too

4. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Robbo, like a slobbering dobber in a schoolyard, tripping over himself to look the man to his Essendon mates.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting he actually mentions Collingwood but won't mention the other teams, a direct hit at them.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Interesting he actually mentions Collingwood but won't mention the other teams, a direct hit at them.
    Very true ledge. No mention of the other clubs involved.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it ends up a falsity and the Hun is sued to the bjesus.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

9. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whatever sells papers Ledge. Collingwood good, Collingwood bad, Collingwood indiferent it doesn't matter. The HUN will single them out in either case because they know it sells.

Just a timely reminder to woofers out there, don't think we're not next to receive this type of news. As soon as you start sniggering you'll be found out.

Post Thanks / Like

Stevo mentioned interstate club at half time.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Stevo mentioned interstate club at half time.
    Sounds like Rocket is losing the battle.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Just another thing on this topic, Stevo wants AFL players to be holding themselves to a higher standard than those of their age within society when it comes to this issue, as if society should reflect the standards held by the AFL in a perfect world.

The guy's a numbnut if that's his view.

The AFL is the most sheltered and out of touch professional sporting environment in this country, and it would do well to ensure its employees and management hold the values of society as a starting point. It is so far behind, hence the reason why people who loved the game are becoming less and less in touch with it.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Just another thing on this topic, Stevo wants AFL players to be holding themselves to a higher standard than those of their age within society when it comes to this issue, as if society should reflect the standards held by the AFL in a perfect world.

The AFL is the most sheltered and out of touch professional sporting environment in this country, and it would do well to ensure its employees and management hold the values of society as a starting point. It is so far behind, hence the reason why people who loved the game are becoming less and less in touch with it.
    To play the devils advocate. Because players are so well looked after financially isn't it incumbent on them to not only present themselves in pristine condition to their clubs for preseason and also to not risk the reputation of the sport, in short they don't want to kill the golden goose.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with this. A court of law where you get three strikes before you lose your job.
    When I lived in Geelong you hear stories of all sorts of stuff their players got up to. Secret rooms above bars where anything goes.
    I can't say if it is true but I can't see AFL being different to any other 'game' where money is big.

The AFL's reaction to the Essendon saga a case in point. Pathetic response.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that was an hilarious comment tbh and oh the irony making those sorts of comments with the Duck in the room. Too funny.

Stevo is indirectly implying that being an AFL player somehow exonerates one from the temptations that come with being a human being. I like Stevo because he has been a great supporter of us over the years but he's coming out with some pretty weird shite lately.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.