Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  21
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Robbo Reporting 11 Collingwood Players tested Positive to Drugs in Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That's what they said happened. But only after the "steak with too much clenbuterol" story wasn't believed.
    Look the recreational drug topic TD is way way out of my comfort zone. However a lot of what is taken can be laced with "who knows what". That is the scarey part.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Robbo Reporting 11 Collingwood Players tested Positive to Drugs in Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Look the recreational drug topic TD is way way out of my comfort zone. However a lot of what is taken can be laced with "who knows what". That is the scarey part.

That is the scary one. I lost a friend who inadvertently injected battery acid into themselves once. Some bastard had accidently (maybe) laced the gear with it.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That is the scary one. I lost a friend who inadvertently injected battery acid into themselves once. Some bastard had accidently (maybe) laced the gear with it.
    Jesus that is horrendous.

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts are that this has simply turned Robbo from a buffoon that makes stupid comments and desperately wants to be mates with the players into an enemy of the playing group and largely despised by the general public due to his wilfully overt attempt to generate clicks at the expense of others.

Basically his good guy booze hound act is up. The beginning of the end I hope.

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    My thoughts are that this has simply turned Robbo from a buffoon that makes stupid comments and desperately wants to be mates with the players into an enemy of the playing group and largely despised by the general public due to his wilfully overt attempt to generate clicks at the expense of others.

Basically his good guy booze hound act is up. The beginning of the end I hope.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the end of Slobbo too, even though the HS will just replace him with some just as incompetent but cheaper. It's the way the media industry is moving.

However I suspect in this case someone from a senior leadership position has given him the info in an attempt to put public pressure on their players who refuse to heed the club's message about drugs. Collingwood have 2 players sitting out doping suspensions due to recreational drugs, they were also linked heavily with players using the self-reporting loophole to avoid strikes, and their President has been very vocal about what a problem drugs are amongst players. The fact Slobbo only knew vaguely about Collingwood and no other club tells me this wasn't an accidental leak of info to the media.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing the end of Slobbo too, even though the HS will just replace him with some just as incompetent but cheaper. It's the way the media industry is moving.

However I suspect in this case someone from a senior leadership position has given him the info in an attempt to put public pressure on their players who refuse to heed the club's message about drugs. Collingwood have 2 players sitting out doping suspensions due to recreational drugs, they were also linked heavily with players using the self-reporting loophole to avoid strikes, and their President has been very vocal about what a problem drugs are amongst players. The fact Slobbo only knew vaguely about Collingwood and no other club tells me this wasn't an accidental leak of info to the media.
    That may be right and if so Robbo has been used mercilessly which would make his potential demise even sweeter. His rhetoric on the Essendon scandal alone has been horrific when viewed from the players and players parents angle.

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else hear the Herald Sun approached Caroline Wilson to be chief footy writer after Mike Sheanan retired. I heard it 3rd hand not from a media source etc. I know Caro was on Open Mike this week, but I didn't see it.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Did anyone else hear the Herald Sun approached Caroline Wilson to be chief footy writer after Mike Sheanan retired. I heard it 3rd hand not from a media source etc. I know Caro was on Open Mike this week, but I didn't see it.
    That did come up - she said she loved The Age too much to move.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

10. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Well worth watching, I enjoyed the interview. Caro has been in a tough position, a women in a egocentric mans world, that is changing.

Here it is:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently there's a list going around of all the results from all clubs. If the list is true, we are one of the competition lightweights.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Apparently there's a list going around of all the results from all clubs. If the list is true, we are one of the competition lightweights.

I've seen it and it doesn't pass the John Howard sniff test. I'd like it to be right but I don't think it is.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

15. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From memory we're the only club to have a smasher caught red handed in recent times......but I'm sure we're fine........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Well worth watching, I enjoyed the interview. Caro has been in a tough position, a women in a egocentric mans world, that is changing.

Here it is:

That was crap, and Open Mike is pretty much cooked.

There's no acknowledgement that the AFL is actually chump material and there's much more to life. Wilson talks about many fundamentals of journalism, but forgets none of what she covers actually matters.

Sorry BAD, thanks for posting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Something on FaceBook last week, but took it with a grain of salt as could have been made up by anyone.

For what little its worth we had 5 players and were pretty low on the list.
    Hawthorn, Geelong and then Collingwood were well on top from memory.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    That was crap, and Open Mike is pretty much cooked.

There's no acknowledgement that the AFL is actually chump material and there's much more to life. Wilson talks about many fundamentals of journalism, but forgets none of what she covers actually matters.

Sorry BAD, thanks for posting.
    Wilson puts herself in a difficult position quite frankly. Heck she came out trumpeting that James Hird had been sacked, then had to backtrack when she was wrong. She has clear enemies ( James Brayshaw ) and friends which bias her reporting. Emma Qualye doesn't seem to have the same issues with being a woman in a men's sport.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

20. Likes N/A liked this post