Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  17
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers and Anchors - Round 2 2016

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Bankers

- Our defenders are miserly but not in that dour sense. They take the game on and keep driving us forward
    - Johannisen progress is amazing and it's not just his run and carry. There was an effort on the wing where he just timed a bump on an opposition player which made sure JJ was now the only player who could get the ball.
    - Adams makes a huge difference to our defensive unit. Great recruiting.

Anchors

- Set shot goal kicking conversions. It's going to cost us when it counts if we don't start addressing it.
    - Suckling and Dahlhaus with their dribbling kicks for goal. I hope they are called out for it and not just accepted.
    It got mentioned in the presser so with it being highlighted hopefully it will be looked at.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Bankers:

* JJ - if he was close to the AA squad last year he is in the team now.. Just a jet.. People forget he missed the EF. He would've made a big difference.

* Adams - Just a seamless entry into AFL footy.. Good in the air and on the ground and a good distributor.

* T. Boyd - the signs are there.. FF two years and he kicks 6 or 7.

* McLean - got an opportunity and is making the most of it.

Anchors:

* Macrae - bloody frustrating!! His ability to get the ball is A+, his ability to dispose it is an F!

* Goal kicking - not where it needs to be.. Need to make our good work count!
    I find Macrae the most frustrating player on the list. He always takes the 3rd option and then the disposal.... All his highlights as a junior showed his kicking would be an issue at AFL level and it was debated at the time. I'm not sure where I sit with him as you said his ball winning ability is outstanding. Somewhere between an A+ and F?

Post Thanks / Like

B

Thought Roughead looked mobile and willing and did a good job in the ruck. Looks to be playing without the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Dahlhaus was well held but showed true leadership to continue to be one of the hardest workers on the ground. It's the type of behaviour that inspires young players to emulate his efforts.

McLean is going to be an excitement machine. I really like watching him play.

A.

Not sure if I posted this elsewhere but I thought Suckling played with a bit of an air of superiority that I don't think is warranted. He tried to be too cute with the ball a bit. I like his tools, and I'm satisifed that we signed him, but I'd like him to stick to playing to his strengths. More kicks like the one to JJ thanks.

Aside from that I don't really have too many complaints. The Saints worked really hard to make it a scrappy game and we still smashed them. Goal kicking is a concern, but enough has been said about that.
    "It's over. It's all over."

4. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

JJ - One of the most exciting players to watch

Adams - Great start, found it interesting in Bevo's post-match presser he mentioned Adams didn't play like this when we drafted him, obviously been a lot of work gone into developing his game style after identifying he had the physical attributes to play the role.

Hunter - similar to Aaron Hall at the GC, finished last season well and has continued on this year to the point he is now one of our first picked each week.

Anchors

Goal kicking, again.

Jacko Macrae - did some good things, but his ball use and decision making is becoming a bit of a concern especially for a guy who accumulates so much of the ball. Needs to be more confident to move it quickly on his wrong side and take the first option more often.

Treatment of Luke Dahlhaus. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but the first 2 games he's been the bloke the opposition sides have put the most work into and in just about every clearance situation he is copping some heavy attention usually without any reward/notice from the umpires.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

Roughead- best ruckman on the ground again. Fanstastic start to the year.

Adams- hard to believe it's only his second game. Looked and played a bit like Rance last night.

JJ- The wheels....WOW

Anchors
    Macrae- thought his disposal was bloody awful.

Non Boyd free kicks....staggering.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Bankers

Treatment of Luke Dahlhaus. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but the first 2 games he's been the bloke the opposition sides have put the most work into and in just about every clearance situation he is copping some heavy attention usually without any reward/notice from the umpires.
    Opposition are absolutely putting that sort of time and physical attention into him. He is battling through it manfully and dishing up his own work on that front which is fantastic to see. It isn't working for our opponents, they might be better served going after Macrae and Daniel, at which point we see hard, running, goal kicking Dalhaus have a more obvious impact on the game again. They can't put them all down.

8. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dahl is getting as tough as Picko and that's saying something

10. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Disagree about Stringer. He struggled to get into the game so took it on himself to taken a run in the centre square, plus moved up the field to get involved. Ended up with 18 touches and a couple of goals. His blaze away miss was his low point of the night, but I wouldn't describe his performance as lazy.
    Great call comrade. I was watching Stringer when he put himself into the middle - he quite obviously called out and gestured to Dunkley to go forward after a st.Kilda goal, and put himself inside for the centre bounce. Dempster is a very accomplished defender and one of the few going around who is actually a suitable physical match up for Stringer. To have 18 possessions and 2.2 was a reasonable effort. He really should have kicked that first set shot - and if he does, a 3 goal night.

Bankers:

Bontempelli - Thought he and Libba got us going in the first quarter with both showing real intent in the middle. I wanted to 'bank' Bonti, because despite being relatively quiet after quarter time, and having one or two 'un-bonti' like moments. He finished with 8 or 9 score involvements, our second most pressure acts and continues to show a real willingness to be the embodiment of a 'team first' player.

Dahlhaus - was getting tagged for most of the night. So he goes and has 13 tackles and 27 pressure acts. This type of example shows the maturing of a team - where players find a way to help the team win however they can. Dahlhaus never ever drops his head or gives up on his quieter nights. He's one of the toughest dogs out there.

Libba - 12 touches in the first quarter. Puts his team mates in better positions with his brilliant handballs. How was his kick from the centre of the ground to Stringer?! We are such a better team with Libba out there. Makes everyone around him better.

Anhors:

Suckling - he'll frustrate us from time to time. Saturday night was one of those.
    Macrae - Big fan of his. But ffs, take the first option.
    I can't find a third....just a general note about over-doing it going inside 50 and not finishing off the work done up the ground.

12. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BANKER

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes N/A, Bulldog4life liked this post