Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  68
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top of the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    This win and percentage boost is like a break in serve and we need to consolidate it next week with a win against the Lions and retain top spot
    Great opportunity to win the next two. We beat Brisbane in Ballarat in 2019 when they finished 2nd on the ladder.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Will be top after Round 3.

Go Dogs keep it going!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    This time of the season is a bit crazy town. We have a great opportunity to grind out a win this coming week and solidify a spot in the top four with a decent percentage.

If we just stick to our knitting and do what we should be doing around the ball/ between the arcs we'll be competitive.

But, it's great to be on top and our most prolific poster when we win Danjul will be sure to be swinging from the rafters right now because we're finally on to of the ladder!!!!
    Nah. Too many handballs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    We have struggled to handle the ball in slippery conditions. I suggest right now Fagan would love some rain to get in the trenches.
    Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Generally I would agree but it’s their best chance of winning and we are proven to be poor IF it’s wet. You can almost guarantee they are going to be on they can’t afford to go 1-3.
    Not sure how it is proven we are poor in the wet? Without forensically studying our games over the past few years I can recall both good and bad games in the wet. I don't think we are significantly advantaged or disadvantaged by wet conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Not sure how it is proven we are poor in the wet? Without forensically studying our games over the past few years I can recall both good and bad games in the wet. I don't think we are significantly advantaged or disadvantaged by wet conditions.
    We stunk it up in the wet against the Cows in 2018 at AO, but were excellent one year later at the same venue against Power.

Our ''handball game'' is suited to dry conditions, but given we're a strong contested ball game we still should be very competitive regardless of the conditions as long as we make some subtle adjustments to our game plan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    We stunk it up in the wet against the Cows in 2018 at AO, but were excellent one year later at the same venue against Power.

Our ''handball game'' is suited to dry conditions, but given we're a strong contested ball game we still should be very competitive regardless of the conditions as long as we make some subtle adjustments to our game plan.
    I was at that game against the Crows at AO in 2018. Just as we got dropped off the heavens broke and it rained harder than I've ever seen it rain it was incredible.

As a matter of interest Adelaide Oval is the best ground in the competition to watch footy at.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Really important winning the first 4. Winning at least the next two would be crucial.
    We've had a pretty good draw the first 6 weeks, and its important to win the one's you should, down the stretch when our schedule gets tougher and we drop a couple.

We've got 2 games in WA, 1 in Geelong and one in Adelaide against Port.

Rounds 7 through to 14 has a number of tough games will really shape our end of year ladder position. In order we've got
    Richmond at MCG
    Carlton at Marvel
    Port in Adelaide
    Saints at Marvel
    Demons at Marvel
    Freo in Perth
    Geelong at Geelong
    West Coast in Perth

So getting to 6-0 is going to be very important, because we could very well drop a few of those games.

8. Thanks GVGjr, azabob thanked for this post
    Likes The Bulldogs Bite, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Really important winning the first 4. Winning at least the next two would be crucial.
    We've had a pretty good draw the first 6 weeks, and its important to win the one's you should, down the stretch when our schedule gets tougher and we drop a couple.

Rounds 7 through to 14 has a number of tough games will really shape our end of year ladder position. In order we've got
    Richmond at MCG
    Carlton at Marvel
    Port in Adelaide
    Saints at Marvel
    Demons at Marvel
    Freo in Perth
    Geelong at Geelong
    West Coast in Perth

So getting to 6-0 is going to be very important, because we could very well drop a few of those games.
    Nah well win em all!!

4 and 0 on top, what a start!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

10. Likes Eastdog, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post

Richmond at MCG
    Carlton at Marvel
    Port in Adelaide
    Saints at Marvel
    Demons at Marvel
    Freo in Perth
    Geelong at Geelong
    West Coast in Perth

This is why the GC and GWS games are non negotiables. They have to be wins. Carlton and Saints at Marvel are for some reason, never easy, so if we can get to 6-0 leading to Rich, then our confidence will hopefully win us a chunk of that group.
    Geel at Geelong and then WC in Perth are stuff of nightmares.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

12. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s great to be still on top!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Well it was fun while it lasted
    The curse is dead.

15. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Well it was fun while it lasted
    Yep, and while the demons could possibly be 10-0, we might just be 7-3
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Yep, and while the demons could possibly be 10-0, we might just be 7-3
    How many of us at the start of the year wouldn't have been happy with the prospect of being 7 and 3?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I’d have taken 7-3 at the start. What I didn’t want is to lose to the saints and blues though. We need to go a level further and beat these teams. Port and tigers I can understand as they’re ahead of us. Dees we should give a run for their money but blues and saints should be wins all day.

19. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have Melbourne beaten the Kangaroos already?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.