Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  68
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top of the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Don't count your chickens. Melbourne play GWS tomorrow and the Giants are capable of being just as insipid as North at the moment.
    So are Melbourne
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

2. Likes bornadog, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This time of the season is a bit crazy town. We have a great opportunity to grind out a win this coming week and solidify a spot in the top four with a decent percentage.

If we just stick to our knitting and do what we should be doing around the ball/ between the arcs we'll be competitive.

But, it's great to be on top and our most prolific poster when we win Danjul will be sure to be swinging from the rafters right now because we're finally on to of the ladder!!!!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Expect the ladder to be all over the place until about mid season. Teams frantically changing what they see as important with the new rules. I reckon in 3-4 weeks we will see a swing towards certain styles again. Expect at some stage we will cop a couple of beltings as well as things evolve.

Post Thanks / Like

Top of the ladder is a nice spot, but it is important that we really turn up to play next week against Brisbane.

At Ballarat is an advantage for us and a win will have us really set up for a top 4 finish.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Top of the ladder is a nice spot, but it is important that we really turn up to play next week against Brisbane.

At Ballarat is an advantage for us and a win will have us really set up for a top 4 finish.
    Spot on, a win against Brisbane is an important step in our 2021 season and we need to take advantage of our home game.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Spot on, a win against Brisbane is an important step in our 2021 season and we need to take advantage of our home game.
    It is a big game because we need to bank as many as we can while things are in a state of change. On paper we have a great draw on the run home too so wins now will be critical.

Not convinced we are better off at Ballarat. Rain forecast which we have tended to struggle with and an opponent who are desperate for a win.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    It is a big game because we need to bank as many as we can while things are in a state of change. On paper we have a great draw on the run home too so wins now will be critical.

Not convinced we are better off at Ballarat. Rain forecast which we have tended to struggle with and an opponent who are desperate for a win.
    We are clearly advantaged over Brisbane with the location. If it rains it certainly won't assist their tall forwards.
    We have now been playing there for 5 years.

Post Thanks / Like

You love to see it. Plenty of footy to come, but we’ve given ourselves a good shot with this start.

Post Thanks / Like

This win and percentage boost is like a break in serve and we need to consolidate it next week with a win against the Lions and retain top spot
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    We are clearly advantaged over Brisbane with the location. If it rains it certainly won't assist their tall forwards.
    We have now been playing there for 5 years.
    We have struggled to handle the ball in slippery conditions. I suggest right now Fagan would love some rain to get in the trenches.

Post Thanks / Like

Most games we struggle to pick the ball up under the roof, let alone in the rain. This game will be defying don’t worry about that. Bris will come out hard and attack strongly around the ball. We are once again the hunted. Richmond and St.kilda showed yesterday that if you just think turning up is enough, then think again. We’ve had our Rort for the year. Now it’s time to get back to business.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

One game at a time but the seas are parting for us. The teams we beat are winning and Tiges and Port losing...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    We have struggled to handle the ball in slippery conditions. I suggest right now Fagan would love some rain to get in the trenches.
    Given our strength around the contest I’m thinking a game in the trenches would suit us a little more than them... especially with Neale not 100%.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Given our strength around the contest I’m thinking a game in the trenches would suit us a little more than them... especially with Neale not 100%.
    This is my thinking also.
    I remember the game in Adelaide where Bont was just a level above.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Generally I would agree but it’s their best chance of winning and we are proven to be poor IF it’s wet. You can almost guarantee they are going to be on they can’t afford to go 1-3.