Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  107
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rising Star - 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I think Mills would be a deserving winner.

Caleb is the only other reasonable choice so Mills will win.
    Agree that Mills would be a deserving winner. I'd absolutely love Caleb to win it - he would be equally deserving.

Mills has looked like a 10 year veteran for the swans. He's actually freed up McVeigh to spend time on the wing and forward and they've lost nothing in defence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Agree that Mills would be a deserving winner. I'd absolutely love Caleb to win it - he would be equally deserving.

Mills has looked like a 10 year veteran for the swans. He's actually freed up McVeigh to spend time on the wing and forward and they've lost nothing in defence.
    Agree Mills and Caleb are both excellent candidates. As a general rule I lean towards the first year player in these situations, but gee CD would be stiff.

Post Thanks / Like

My suspicion is that Mills will win it

Post Thanks / Like

The anti-Vic block are pooling together as we speak. Daniel would be a deserving winner but isn't really in with a shot such is the standard of the voting panel. Only 3 Victorian based players have won in the past 10 years and on each occasion there wasn't a viable non-Victorian alternative.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mills plays for a team in an expansion territory. Therefore he will win. QED.

7. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Mills plays for a team in an expansion territory. Therefore he will win. QED.
    Ipso facto, this forum simply does not enough Latin. I like Latin. Ergo, please continue.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    The anti-Vic block are pooling together as we speak. Daniel would be a deserving winner but isn't really in with a shot such is the standard of the voting panel. Only 3 Victorian based players have won in the past 10 years and on each occasion there wasn't a viable non-Victorian alternative.
    Guess we just have to see the AFLPA votes come in at to see the real story.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    With a bit of luck they might have learnt their lesson and get it right this time .. How could they get it so wrong ??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    With a bit of luck they might have learnt their lesson and get it right this time .. How could they get it so wrong ??
    They got a tiny amount of press in Queensland didn't they? So mission accomplished from their side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Isn't the AFLPA award for best 1st year player?

Post Thanks / Like

Round 22: Daniel Rioli - Richmond
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Isn't the AFLPA award for best 1st year player?
    Good pick up, yep.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how the AFLCA numbers present, couldn't find them online on a club by club basis.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Round 22: Daniel Rioli - Richmond
    I haven't seen a lot of Richmond this year, but Rioli has impressed me. From what I have seen, he is very composed for a 1st year player in pressure situations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Agree Mills and Caleb are both excellent candidates. As a general rule I lean towards the first year player in these situations, but gee CD would be stiff.
    I think Caleb has played a more important role for his team than Mills. Mills has played as a back flanker this year while later he will slowly be released into the midfield in years to come. Caleb has gone straight into our midfield and has become a super important component in the midfield. Plus he was still there even before we had all our injuries. Saying that Mills is from Sydney. He has it in the bag.