Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  107
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rising Star - 2016

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Final List
    That is a pretty good list of young players.

Surprised there has not been a big push for Darcy Moore, who looks likely to be a real star.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Betting was suspended yesterday after a huge rush for Callum Mills.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

3. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    That is a pretty good list of young players.

Surprised there has not been a big push for Darcy Moore, who looks likely to be a real star.
    Agree, Moore would most likely be the first picked by opposition clubs if there was open slather.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Betting was suspended yesterday after a huge rush for Callum Mills.
    Word of the fix seems to have come a little earlier this year....
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations to Callum Mills for winning the best young non-Victorian player of the year award. A truly deserved winner given Hopper got injured and Byrne-Jones couldn't get a kick in the back half of the season which made it hard to justify voting for them.

Let's hope he goes on to have an illustrious career like his fellow winners Lewis Taylor, Rhys Palmer, and Daniel Rich.

Post Thanks / Like

Mills was the best player nominated over the course of the season. I love a good conspiracy theory (look me in the eye and tell me those towers came down on their own, etc), but this just isn't there.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Mills was the best player nominated over the course of the season. I love a good conspiracy theory (look me in the eye and tell me those towers came down on their own, etc), but this just isn't there.
    19 touches a game in the probably the easiest position in modern day football, playing in a team with by far the best defence in the AFL. Not sure how it's such a simple decision. The fact that he'd virtually won as soon as he was nominated in round 16 adds to the questions over how legitimate a process it is.

9. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't he a favourite for the award even prior to getting nominated?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    19 touches a game in the probably the easiest position in modern day football, playing in a team with by far the best defence in the AFL. Not sure how it's such a simple decision. The fact that he'd virtually won as soon as he was nominated in round 16 adds to the questions over how legitimate a process it is.
    >easiest position in football

>averages more contested possessions, more contested marks, more one percenters a game than Daniel

I love Caleb man but Mills is better, has been better this year, and deserves to win.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    >easiest position in football

>averages more contested possessions, more contested marks, more one percenters a game than Daniel

I love Caleb man but Mills is better, has been better this year, and deserves to win.
    Caleb averages more possessions, more tackles, more inside 50s, more goals, more effective possessions, less clangers.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

13. Thanks The bulldog tragician thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Caleb averages more possessions, more tackles, more inside 50s, more goals, more effective possessions, less clangers.
    But how does he help capture casual observers in Sydney?

It a testament to how much the AFEL has manipulated everything into a contrived marketing event that people can look at stats, see someone is inferior, then come to the conclusion that the outcome is "fair enough".

It reminds me of 1984 and 2+2=5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    And more time on ground, higher SuperCoach scores (ranked #1) & higher AFL Fantasy Points (ranked #1) and more bounces.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

They'll trot out the line that Mills was instrumental in Sydney securing two more wins than the Bulldogs, thus being more deserving of the award in a tight race.......it's easy.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    They'll trot out the line that Mills was instrumental in Sydney securing two more wins than the Bulldogs, thus being more deserving of the award in a tight race.......it's easy.
    And the shortest odds in the whole process will be on 5 votes for Mills coming from each of G. McLachlan, M. Evans, G. Jakovich, W. Tredrea. Bartlett is generally safe for 5 votes for the non-Victorian player out of some misguided hope that he won't be accused of Vic bias (which he will be anyway bizarrely)

Post Thanks / Like

Mills will be a superstar once he goes into the midfield. Daniel is a star but Mills has a bit more upside.