Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Round Draft Picks

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I don't mind targeting a first round player from the past couple of years. Macca said to me, without the specific name, that he wanted to keep our first rounder in 2014 and use it on Peter Wright. We all know what happened. I'm a massive fan of Wright, if we could get him to walk out like many GCS players have already, then we get a first rounder from 2014.
    Singed a contract extension weeks ago.
    before anyone says it... McStay extended his contract last year.

We're in the position we can draft and develop with a list that looks pretty well balanced. If a FA opportunity comes along (Grant goes, in comes Suckling) we take it - otherwise bringing kids in and developing them in the way we want to play seems the best option.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

2. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    The next player we need to target is a midfielder with pace, good disposal and goal sense. It would complete our side.
    Agree completely. A genuine inside/outside gun mid would suit us perfectly. Should be a few to choose from in the upcoming draft, by all accounts it's flush with mids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Agree completely. A genuine inside/outside gun mid would suit us perfectly. Should be a few to choose from in the upcoming draft, by all accounts it's flush with mids
    Yeah this why I was interested in Bennell.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    The next player we need to target is a midfielder with pace, good disposal and goal sense. It would complete our side.
    We will have to either attain a high draft pick or give away something very good to attain one of those as this type of player is pretty much on the top of everyone's shopping list.

Post Thanks / Like

And we will have Crameri back too next year....like a new recruit.

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Daniel Rich would be an amazing free agent. We'd have to offer 4 years and pretty good money, but that sends him to a contender and lands Brisbane another first rounder for when they may rebuild. I don't see Heppell walking out on Essendon, he's probably the next captain.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Daniel Rich would be an amazing free agent. We'd have to offer 4 years and pretty good money, but that sends him to a contender and lands Brisbane another first rounder for when they may rebuild. I don't see Heppell walking out on Essendon, he's probably the next captain.
    Rich re-signed for 5 years (!!!) last week.

I think Heppell is gettable but he's one-paced and would cost too much; he's a gun but almost too much of a gun? We're looking for cream, we already have the cake.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Rich re-signed for 5 years (!!!) last week.

I think Heppell is gettable but he's one-paced and would cost too much; he's a gun but almost too much of a gun? We're looking for cream, we already have the cake.
    Man I have been busy! I'm a month behind everything. Rich must be getting an absolute bucketload to stay there at all, let alone 1,800 odd days.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Man I have been busy! I'm a month behind everything. Rich must be getting an absolute bucketload to stay there at all, let alone 1,800 odd days.
    You are slipping BT.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And some interesting CHFs and ruckman/forwards.

I know what I'd pick.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

They have the cap space given their list has so many young kids on it after the exodus in recent years. Another long kicking leftie too - me must have figured we couldn't get him when we signed Suckling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah this why I was interested in Bennell.
    My thinking too