Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Jake Stringer - 50 Games

Congratulations to Jake Stringer on 50 games this weekend.

In his 49 games to date, he has already delivered 92 goals (including one bag of 6, three bags of 5, and 4 goals on eight occasions). Not to mention some time on the ball, a stint in defence learning the caper - and in all that time, too many highlight reel moments to mention.

It is daunting to think about what the next 50 games will bring. Scary even.

So glad he wears our colours.

The Package.

2. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jake Stringer - 50 Games

Will be AA this year
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

There's going to come a time when he gets completely off the leash and kicks a massive, massive bag.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Jesse

He feels like the type of player that could get hot in a final and take the game away from a team in a quarter. Hopefully we see it this year.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

6. Likes bulldogtragic, azabob, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

May every game be a Package game.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    There's going to come a time when he gets completely off the leash and kicks a massive, massive bag.
    Kicked 6 to 3/4 time when we beat Adelaide and then was subbed off.

Love to see him kick a bag on Saturday night.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Kicked 6 to 3/4 time when we beat Adelaide and then was subbed off.

Love to see him kick a bag on Saturday night.
    If he has 6 to 3 quarter time on Saturday night...then it will be party time!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Jakey !!

Let's hope cheer squad are able to sing "There's only one Jakey Stringer" lots of time this Sat. and that you weave lots of Stringer magic on the big stage.
    Last edited by josie; 10-09-2015 at 06:17 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

Is it 50 for Jake?

I have it down as 40 games to Jake Stringer and 10 games to Jesse Stringer. Great effort for both Stringers.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Would love a 10+ minute highlights 'package' of Jake's first 50 games. You'd be hard pressed to find a player with a better one.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I know Turtle had an awesome first 50 games, he was a clear highlight in those years, but between Stringer and the Bont, are they the best 50 gamers we have ever seen at our club?

I mean the package just does whatever the hell the package wants, doesn't even pay postage. He flicks that beast mode switch and puts on a show.
    The Bont is a human highlight reel, does things that others simply cannot.

Is it just me but does it feel like we have both superman AND Batman on the same team?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post

Is it just me but does it feel like we have both superman AND Batman on the same team?
    Which is which?

My gut says Bonti is Superman and Stringer is Batman.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

'The Package' is the reason most of my mates love watching the Dogs, and a number of neutrals are asking to borrow some colours for Saturday night.

Hope he turns it on and showcases some brilliance, and maturity, on the big stage. It's set for him to do so.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been on board since he brushed aside a couple of ?Hawks players in a NAB Cup match at Etihad and slotted the goal with a checkside. I was out of my seat and knew we had something special.

It's only got better since then. Does Macca get any credit for giving him that stint in defence last year? His end to last year was almost as good as this year...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

It's only got better since then. Does Macca get any credit for giving him that stint in defence last year? His end to last year was almost as good as this year...
    Macca doesn't get credit for anything. .. Seriously if Jake picked up a couple of tips playing in defence it was useful.

As with others I hope he brings it on Saturday night, there is extremely high expectations on Jake, but looking from the outside he seems the type who likes to be 'the man'.

I hope the next 150 are as much fun as the last 30.