Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  43
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bevo v Barrett

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo v Barrett

Who caught FC last night?

Bevo was on a whilst it started as a 'Pump up the Bulldogs' show things got heated when the discussions turned to 'Talia-gate'.

Bevo and Barrett had a slanging match which lasted a couple of minutes regarding what was said to one another and where it was said.. Whilst Barrett is a slimy piece of shit I didn't think Bevo needed to get drawn into the discussions for as long as he did.. But it's obvious the whole subject is still un-resolved in Bevo's mind.

What did everyone else think?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bevo v Barrett

I thought it was horrible. I was excited to watch some positive stuff about us, but the dragon and that 4 eyed moron quickly got the interview into the gutter(where yhe rest of the show sits).

Bevo walked into an ambush and walked out dragging two bodies. Love him.
    The curse is dead.

3. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mind seeing Bevo dig the heels in, and without saying it specifically, make it quite clear what he thought of the AFL verdict on Talia-gate. I also liked how he said to Barrett "It's nothing to do with you" (as to why he wouldn't give Barrett a quote at the time).

For those who didn't see it - Bevo had said 'If a reporter wants to speak to me, they go through (media manager name)". Barrett made a comment about how he speaks to coaches all the time, to which Bevo responded "Well I roll a bit differently mate".

He also reiterated his thoughts about the Essendon saga. I'm sure plenty on here will be annoyed by Bevo's view. Regardless of what you think about his opinion - it was at the very least, good tv that he didn't sit on the fence about it.

5. Thanks azabob, bulldogtragic, Smads57 thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At some point after Tahyleea occurred I had a chat to Bevo about this (I'm being deliberately vague). I back him 100000%. I didn't see it but if he felt the need to dig in I support him 1000000%. It's not ideal that the piece of excrement took the interview there, but Bevo hasn't done anything wrong. I'd simply just block Barrett off out media list. The stitch up on Libba last year, plus one a month, plus this. Don't talk to him, he can't slag us anymore as a result.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't watched it yet but taped it. Will be interesting viewing.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the Libba stitch up last year was pure spite

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this, I'll watch it.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched it on ninemsn.

Dave Culbert? Really! Good work Caro.

Love the way Bevo defended our club against Barrett without saying anything. Watching that interview has enhanced my desire to never entertain even the thought of watching or reading anything that Barrett is involved in.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Had a look. You could see he was not pleased with them going there and trying to ambush him, the way they brought up the Talia stuff was so tentative and limp wristed it was clear they pulled a dodgy on him. Glad he had none of it and played a straight bat, calling out the lack of professionalism.

Re: EFC stuff, I can understand his logic but it is slightly askew.

12. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like that he mentioned that the 'person he feels for in all of this, is Kyle Cheney' - which to me makes it clear that Bevo still believes Talia clearly did the wrong thing, and that Cheney has ended up under the bus for everyone.

14. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Who caught FC last night?

Bevo was on a whilst it started as a 'Pump up the Bulldogs' show things got heated when the discussions turned to 'Talia-gate'.

Bevo and Barrett had a slanging match which lasted a couple of minutes regarding what was said to one another and where it was said.. Whilst Barrett is a slimy piece of shit I didn't think Bevo needed to get drawn into the discussions for as long as he did.. But it's obvious the whole subject is still un-resolved in Bevo's mind.

What did everyone else think?
    It's a shame because Bevo didn't quite get the chance to articulate his position on Talia-gate (he was trying to but Caro side-tracked him to a conversation that was had with Barrett after the final last year) and was then unwittingly drawn into a slanging match with Barrett. As an aside, I don't mind our coach standing his ground at all on such issues and making sure the media are held accountable for their actions.

Whilst I disagree with his position on the EFC34, I thought he articulated his argument really well last night. But I have to say the AFL industry as a whole have been incredibly naïve on the PED issue (Bevo's stance is clearly well-intentioned, but only reinforced this naivety), which the EFC saga has now finally left everyone in no doubt as to ultimate player responsibility and the notion of 'trust but verify'. I still feel as though the EFC as an organisation continue to get a leave pass from the AFL community - it is just so convenient to go the rogue employee argument but the senior coach and CEO know absolutely everything that goes on at any club, and clearly both were in this program up to their eyeballs. And IMO without doubt the senior players had to be as well, so as to ensure the entire playing group was singing from the same hymn book - guys like Watson, McVitamins, Fletcher and Hille are also getting very generously treated by the media.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks to Al's Videos

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Thanks Twodogs, 1eyedog, chef, Raw Toast, Topdog, Templeton31, F'scary thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    It's a shame because Bevo didn't quite get the chance to articulate his position on Talia-gate (he was trying to but Caro side-tracked him to a conversation that was had with Barrett after the final last year) and was then unwittingly drawn into a slanging match with Barrett. As an aside, I don't mind our coach standing his ground at all on such issues and making sure the media are held accountable for their actions.

Whilst I disagree with his position on the EFC34, I thought he articulated his argument really well last night. But I have to say the AFL industry as a whole have been incredibly naïve on the PED issue (Bevo's stance is clearly well-intentioned, but only reinforced this naivety), which the EFC saga has now finally left everyone in no doubt as to ultimate player responsibility and the notion of 'trust but verify'. I still feel as though the EFC as an organisation continue to get a leave pass from the AFL community - it is just so convenient to go the rogue employee argument but the senior coach and CEO know absolutely everything that goes on at any club, and clearly both were in this program up to their eyeballs. And IMO without doubt the senior players had to be as well, so as to ensure the entire playing group was singing from the same hymn book - guys like Watson, McVitamins, Fletcher and Hille are also getting very generously treated by the media.
    Agreed. If Watson didn't once ask the question what was being put into his body and can [Dank] verify 100% that it was legal then he was unfit to be captain because he was failing in his duty of care to the other 33 players he represented.

The stakes for doping are so high that if I was getting injected by juice out of a clean skin I'd be going to an independent assessor and getting the all clear from there as well.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i watched it last night. The look on Bevo & Barretts face when Caro mentioned an argument at the Brownlow was priceless. Bevo couldn't believe Caro was bringing this up on tv and Barrett didn't look keen to talk about it either.

I was disappointed Bevo was ambushed with this stuff. We don't get much airtime ever, so to have Bevo on i was rapt to finally get them talking about us for an extended period. But the interview was highjacked by questions that had nothing to do with how we play footy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Yeah i watched it last night. The look on Bevo & Barretts face when Caro mentioned an argument at the Brownlow was priceless. Bevo couldn't believe Caro was bringing this up on tv and Barrett didn't look keen to talk about it either.

I was disappointed Bevo was ambushed with this stuff. We don't get much airtime ever, so to have Bevo on i was rapt to finally get them talking about us for an extended period. But the interview was highjacked by questions that had nothing to do with how we play footy.
    Yeah it was like ....awkward. Caro = no social skills or tact ever.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.