Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  40
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round 2 2016 - Western Bulldogs vs St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Saints are meh.

Lack class, lack depth and no willingness to take the game on bar one or two guys.
    I thought they may have got closer to us last night but yeah they are still quite a fair way behind us based on that game.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    I thought they may have got closer to us last night but yeah they are still quite a fair way behind us based on that game.
    28 scoring shots to 11. Should have been a flogging.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    28 scoring shots to 11. Should have been a flogging.
    But it was... Whilst a 80 pont margain might have been more reflective of our general play dominance it wasn't like St.Kilda didn't fluff some chances too.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get this:

Jack Newnes can accept $1000 sanction, engaging in rough conduct against Luke Dahlhaus
    Either he meant to hit him or it was an accident?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Don't get this:

Either he meant to hit him or it was an accident?
    Maybe vision was inconclusive. Players can disguise a hit, and that was one such case.
    More cameras needed?, not sure why they can't find a way to zero in a bit more to catch the elbow or whatever it was. Dahl is tough and does not go down easy.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there was heaps in it. Newnes was stationery, Dahlhaus didn't see him, Newnes put a block on him.

The fact that it caught Dahl by surprise/wasn't looking was the reason he went down.

Post Thanks / Like

Newnes wasn't exactly stationary. He saw Dahlhaus approaching with his head turned then deliberately pulled up from his own trajectory, tucked in his elbow in readiment for contact then thrust back towards a blind Dahlhaus, catching him front on with the express purpose of putting him on his arse.

It wasn't the crime of the century but it was certainly no accidental clash.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

8. Likes Drunken Bum, F'scary, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Newnes wasn't exactly stationary. He saw Dahlhaus approaching with his head turned then deliberately pulled up from his own trajectory, tucked in his elbow in readiment for contact then thrust back towards a blind Dahlhaus, catching him front on with the express purpose of putting him on his arse.

It wasn't the crime of the century but it was certainly no accidental clash.
    Do you think the punishment fits the crime?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If the game wants to trumpet anti-violence, then a heftier fine would be the order of the day. It was really far off the ball.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Newnes held his ground and may have lifted the shoulder somewhat. It was a perfect opportunity for Newnes to get rid of Dahl for the game and he took it. You've got to uphold a level of self-preservation out there if you can and Dahl's got to open his eyes and watch where he's going. Bumps like this happen off the ball all the time, difference is Dahl wasn't looking. Wasn't Newnes fault and I'm surprised he got fined.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Do you think the punishment fits the crime?
    My personal view? Yes.

In the context of the modern AFL's stance on this sort of conduct in 2016 though, nope.

Dahlhaus was deliberately decked, when he wasn't looking nor would reasonably expect forceful contact, well off the ball. If I'm AFL House, it's not a good look.

What's stopping one of our blokes doing that to Cyril next week while the ball's nowhere near the vicinity? Apart from a modest fine.

Hang on you've given me an idea.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

13. Likes Drunken Bum, boydogs, N/A, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    My personal view? Yes.

In the context of the modern AFL's stance on this sort of conduct in 2016 though, nope.

Dahlhaus was deliberately decked, when he wasn't looking nor would reasonably expect forceful contact, well off the ball. If I'm AFL House, it's not a good look.

What's stopping one of our blokes doing that to Cyril next week while the ball's nowhere near the vicinity? Apart from a modest fine.

Hang on you've given me an idea.
    Don't you do it. There would be hell to pay.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you imagine Bruce if Cyril got taken out. He wouldn't be able to commentate for 20 mins because of the tears.
    Then he would spend the rest of the match inciting a life time ban for the offender.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

16. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Can you imagine Bruce if Cyril got taken out. He wouldn't be able to commentate for 20 mins because of the tears.
    Then he would spend the rest of the match inciting a life time ban for the offender.
    The howls would echo through the ages.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

All the goals thanks to Als Videos:

19. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak, merantau liked this post