Hi hope Twodogs doesn't mind the sharing of our conversation via PM this week. I was mentioning that my dear old grand mum has been married for most of her life, but if EJ could be brought back to life she would marry him in a heart beat. She still talks of EJ as more than a man, more than footballer, more than a western suburbs hero but almost god like (or even God like). Even all these years later EJ brings a sparkle to her eye and huge smile when we talk about him.

I mentioned this to TD and our consensus was the English language doesn't have the words to describe him and what he was to people and families of our local suburbs. It was my nans passionate stories as a young un about EJ that triggered the FFC DNA in me to activate. And after 7 decades, nothing's changed for her.

He's got a ground, statue, bridge, Hall of Fame spot, games record holder for a long time and SOO legacy. But being too young I can't comprehend what people who watched him at the time feel or describe. So I'm (and presumably others) up for a history lesson. If you can articulate it, what was the unique qualities or presence that captured the imagination of a lot people, and so bloody strong that those bonds can last 7 decades? I find it amazing that after so long, and after death, that he can be so loved and revered, even idolised like a God like no one I can think of in history, let alone footy.