Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  13
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 Things I have learned - Bulldogs vs Saints Round 2.

1.Our defensive structures are elite ATM and long may it continue.
    2.To win by nearly 10 goals in an ugly game is still a great win.
    3.Marcus Adams is the new Lake.

Post Thanks / Like

There was a moment when Toby who wasn't being tackled at the time was barely touched and he went all flimsy at the knees in a staging attempt, and it put me off a little. To me there's a big difference between a player accentuating contact and being a stager, and early in his career I'd hate to see him be known as the latter.

Anyway, what did I learn?

1. We are dangerous in all areas of the ground. In a scrappy game in which the opposition tried its best to defend the ground we didn't make it easy for them due to our balance of talent across all lines. That's how teams "win ugly" by 57 point margins.

2. Our self belief is a double edged sword. Whilst it's been an integral part of our progress it can lead to us over handling the ball, or not using it in the simplest of ways to get a result. We need to believe in ourselves to beat the top teams, but if we take the piss with the ball we'll get murdered under pressure.

3. We can easily close down Docklands against average sides to a higher level than we were able last year, but need to test our ability to do so against good sides and will have the chance to do so this Sunday.

3. Thanks Max469 thanked for this post
    Likes The Underdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We are (understandably) better drilled than last year. At no point has either Freo or St.Kilda looked like getting a run on against us with our superior set up of the ground. And the moment they have tried to attack against us, we have scorched them the other way. 56 scoring shots to 24 so far this season.

2. Marcus Bontempelli's contributions are (strangely enough!) undervalued at times when he isn't filling the highlight reels. Again this week he is high up or topping the list in our pressure acts and also score involvements.

3. An area to improve on is our decisiveness going forward. We are bringing ourselves undone trying to play 'perfect football' sometimes. Get that aspect right - and we would have had 2 x 90 point wins.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    1. Recruiting Adams may be Dalrymple's greatest masterstroke.

2. This team will revolutionise football.

3. I *!*!*!*!ing hate the *!*!*!*!ing dribble kick. Suckling and Dahlhaus are lucky my kids were within earshot.
    Mine just learned some new words...
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

1. We have beaten the worst 2 teams in the AFL (according to the ladder). Round 3 will show if we are pretenders or contenders.

2. Gibbs dropped the World Cup....Picko dropped a petrol voucher.

3. Of all the "groups of kids" in the AFL, St Kilda's may have the least talent.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Marcus Adams. Grizz can play.
    2. JJ will come under the scrutiny of 17 AFL coaches for the rest of his career.
    3. Through no fault of his own, Will Minson may have played his last game for us. Roughead is playng some good footy in the Ruck.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]