Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

3 Things I have learned - Bulldogs vs Saints Round 2.

Let us know the three things you learned after watching tonight match.

Be constructive but be honest.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 Things I have learned - Bulldogs vs Saints Round 2.

People will want to watch the western bulldogs play footy.

The brand being played now could be the prototype for the next decade.

A few people may believe now that peroxide hair may warrant a drug test. ...JJ. lookin at you mate

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not convinced on Suckling. Still looks a bit pudgy and prefers the flashy things rather than (dare I say it) "kick it properly".

Adams play a really assured game style. He's a good size and makes good decisions.

Caleb Daniel proves yet again that being able to play is the most important characteristic of all. He's got oodles of time and uses it so well.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

1. Recruiting Adams may be Dalrymple's greatest masterstroke.

2. This team will revolutionise football.

3. I *!*!*!*!ing hate the *!*!*!*!ing dribble kick. Suckling and Dahlhaus are lucky my kids were within earshot.

5. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. The Saints have more grit than I gave them credit for.
    2. Marcus Adams is going a long way towards filling the gap left by Lake.
    3. You can be nervous despite the margin.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Marcus Adams can be more than a reasonable AFL player, he can become a really good one if he can continue to build and consistently demonstrate what he has shown thus far.

2. An ugly win is still a win, and even when we play ugly we were able to be a strong defensive side and also capable of putting a reasonable score on the board ourselves.

3. JJ might just be the most improved player in the AFL based on his start to this season.

8. Thanks choconmientay thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Tom Boyd will need to resort to diving and embellishment if he is ever to get the penalties earned for being infringed upon by cheating defenders.

2. We might change the song from "that saved old Footscray's name" to "that saved the football game" because we are playing football the right way.

3. The Day Is Getting Closer.

Post Thanks / Like

Marcus Adams reminds me of Harry Taylor. The way they play + both mature age recruits from WA.

Post Thanks / Like

1. We win by ten goals and we feel we could have done better and we walk out of the stadium feeling slightly bad.

2. Our Goal kicking still needs work.

3. Roughead is giving his all to be number 1 ruckman.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Bont's confidence when kicking at goal is at a low ebb. When on the run and clear inside fifty he must keep backing himself rather than to look to pass it off.

2. Dalrymple's rising value in the marketplace is going to make him hard to hold. Hopefully he's made of better stuff than Justin Cordy.

3. You can't beat football smarts. How great it is to have Libba back in the engine room. His elite status should be about restored.

13. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. That was an awful game to watch live.
    2. I wish someone had told me stupid around the corner dribble bouncing attempts at goals were worth 12 points. Because clearly using a drop punt for 6 points is a stupid option.
    3. Jack Macrae never shirks if when its his turn to go. He just needs to work on disposal/first options.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Saints fans cling to Billings as their great white hope. I think McLean could end up the better player.

2. Our depth across the ground is impressive. Both Bont and Stringer had relatively quiet nights, yet others stepped up.

3. That feeling of hope is returning and it makes going to the footy much more nerve wracking than when you're just happy to watch the kids develop. I probably won't enjoy this year as much as last year (unless we win the flag of course!).
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

17. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Full credit for the team for covering for Crammers and Dickson so far. They are a great loss.

2. To keep two teams to only ten goals between them at Etihad in two matches is magnificent.

3. Marcus Adams and Caleb Daniel are both potential 200 game players with our great Club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    1. Saints fans cling to Billings as their great white hope. I think McLean could end up the better player.

2. Our depth across the ground is impressive. Both Bont and Stringer had relatively quiet nights, yet others stepped up.

3. That feeling of hope is returning and it makes going to the footy much more nerve wracking than when you're just happy to watch the kids develop. I probably won't enjoy this year as much as last year (unless we win the flag of course!).
    Agree on McLean, he's a gun. Now if only he'd build some strength around his knees in a tackle he'll go alright.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Agree on McLean, he's a gun. Now if only he'd build some strength around his knees in a tackle he'll go alright.
    Definitely wants to try draw the free when he runs out of options in the tackle. He needs to be careful not to get a reputation as a ducker.