Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why won't some players have a shot at goal

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I wonder if there's an over emphasis on 'selflessness'. It's really the only explanation I can think of why a player like Bont wouldn't steam in and kick it himself and instead tried to pass to a player in a worse position. It really has to be rectified. Soon.
    Remember Geelong had a competition between players to see who got the most assists. I see a similarity with what we are doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why won't some players have a shot at goal

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Having a shot on the run can be low percentage, it can be difficult to steady and then get the height and length on the ball whilst kicking accurately
    Depending on where from but I always found having a shot on the run a lot simpler than a set shot. No time to over think it, no opponent/s on the mark, just shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    I don't know the answer, having never played the game at anything beyond third division of a local footy team. However, I'm willing to bet some insights might be unearthed by looking at the kilometres ran during a game, the pressure applied to maintain possession and the fact that many of the wild shots came after a run. Lactic acid? Fatigue? It's hard for me to judge as I was sitting on the couch sinking piss all game.

I'm sure they'll get on top of it. Have faith lads.
    That would be true at the end of the game or even a quarter but we were faffing about and making poor decisions from early in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    I think it's a confidence thing.

When you've missed a few you lose the confidence and the hunger to want to take and nail those shots.
    True. The yips are a state of mind.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.