Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hawks will look to make a statement, says Beveridge.

Link

Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge says that he has no doubt that Hawthorn will come out on Sunday afternoon and try and make a statement against the undefeated young Bulldogs.

The Dogs face the seventh placed Hawks at Etihad Stadium, fresh off of their 46-point-win over 2015 Grand Final opponent, West Coast, on Sunday afternoon.

“Having worked at that great football Club for three years and having experienced the professionalism and the great characters within the four walls of the Hawthorn Football Club, I’ve got no doubt that’s what they’ll try and do this week and that’s why it presents such a big challenge,” Beveridge told media on Tuesday afternoon.

“They’ve got a lot of runs on the board, some great players, some young players coming through who seem to be playing their roles pretty well.

“We don’t fear it, we know what’s coming and we’ve got to embrace it head on.”

The Bulldogs haven’t beaten Hawthorn since Round 16, 2012 at Etihad Stadium, but Beveridge says the in-form Dogs are looking forward to the opportunity to test themselves against the League’s best side.

“We’ve trained to the minute, we’re strong, and we’ve got every chance to trouble the Hawks if we bring our best.”

Beveridge said that while after winning the last three premierships, the Hawks remain the competition’s bench mark, it won’t change how he prepares his players for the weekend’s match.

“Each week there’s an awareness that every side that you play want to bring as much pressure as they can, it’s just that some are more prolific in it than others, and the Hawks best is better than anyone else’s.

“So the way we prepare is to be as efficient and effective as we can on the track in our simulations and our physical training, and try to bring that cleanness and that spread throughout the course of the game.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hawks will look to make a statement, says Beveridge.

This goes against all my natural instincts as a bulldogs supporter.....

But the feeling I have about this weekend, is that even optimistic bulldogs supporters aren't prepared for what is going to happen on Sunday afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like

Bully to them. We are out to make a statement! Go Dogs!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Have a feeling that this game will be the equal of what I consider the most brutally physical match I have seen us involved in. That great game back in the noughties when Jarrod Harbrow poleaxed Jordan Lewis. They hit us with everything that night but we withstood it and came out victors. Hoping and confident that this group is as tough and prepared for the coming battle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
    Have a feeling that this game will be the equal of what I consider the most brutally physical match I have seen us involved in. That great game back in the noughties when Jarrod Harbrow poleaxed Jordan Lewis. They hit us with everything that night but we withstood it and came out victors. Hoping and confident that this group is as tough and prepared for the coming battle.
    Was that 2010 - early in the year, when Bazza kicked 6?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Was that 2010 - early in the year, when Bazza kicked 6?
    Yes 2010

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes Torpedo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last time we beat Hawthorn?

Post Thanks / Like

I think we all know he means bulldogs looking to make statement.
    Luke diverting it back to the Hawks, puts pressure on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
    Last time we beat Hawthorn?
    Yes, it has been awhile

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to this, will not miss it! Good time to get them i reckon. They have a few gun players out but i'm just confident we have the all round game to beat them. Its just time for the hawks to be overtaken and we are the team to do it. They were getable last year but nobody was quite ready to take it from them but this year there is. Strap yourselves in woofers! we're in for one hell of a ride.

12. Likes bornadog, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    This goes against all my natural instincts as a bulldogs supporter.....

But the feeling I have about this weekend, is that even optimistic bulldogs supporters aren't prepared for what is going to happen on Sunday afternoon.
    If you're implying that we are going to tear them a new one as we march to the 2016 finals series then I agree 100% with you.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yes 2010

I was at that game. It was a really scary moment. The whole crowd breathed in at once and the sight of his arms still in the air was horrible.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

15. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Looking forward to this, will not miss it! Good time to get them i reckon. They have a few gun players out but i'm just confident we have the all round game to beat them. Its just time for the hawks to be overtaken and we are the team to do it. They were getable last year but nobody was quite ready to take it from them but this year there is. Strap yourselves in woofers! we're in for one hell of a ride.
    Strapped in and looking forward to this game Anfo (taking recalcitrant family members along for the ride as well!)
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

17. Likes anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going with a friend who is a Hawthorn supporter. It is not something I enjoy, going with an opposition supporter no matter who it is, so it will be interesting. Unfortunately I couldn't get out of it. He is very LOUD too.I have already told him we will be seating at the Footscray end. It could be an enjoyable drive home to Rosebud or a crappy one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I am going with a friend who is a Hawthorn supporter. It is not something I enjoy, going with an opposition supporter no matter who it is, so it will be interesting. Unfortunately I couldn't get out of it. He is very LOUD too.I have already told him we will be seating at the Footscray end. It could be an enjoyable drive home to Rosebud or a crappy one.
    Expect a long drive in uncomfortable silence B4life. His.

20. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post