Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  82
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Do it for Bob.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do it for Bob.

Could there be a better mentor than Bob? Obviously he will play an important off-field role around the club but we really need to fully utilize him on match-days in the box and at the breaks.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Make him an emergency on the day so he still gets a medal.
    Was just saying to a mate yesterday that every player who is on the list, or at least every player who played a senior game during the year should receive a premiership medal like some other sports do.
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Make him an emergency on the day so he still gets a medal.
    Great Idea
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bum View Post
    Was just saying to a mate yesterday that every player who is on the list, or at least every player who played a senior game during the year should receive a premiership medal like some other sports do.
    Don't they do that in the NFL where every player gets a ring?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Do all the coaching staff get medals?
    If so let's make him assistant coach to Bubba.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, run with me folks......

Week 1 of the finals, the media are down at the kennel, Bob running laps having a kick or two. Bevo mentions to the media "Bobs in the tardis, popped out of the phone box and into contention." We beat Norf by 11 goals.

Week 2 With no game to play, Bobs running around more and doing handballs with the lads. Bevo quotes James Joyce and Socrates and hints that Murph is beimg as inspirational as Churchill.

Week 3 up against the crows, Murph is doing contact work, Bevo's presser has him reeling off JFK and Confucius, says "ask not what bob can do for you, but what you can do for Bob" and also mentions the tardis again. Beat the crows by 2 points, with stringer Ablettesque.

Weeks 4 against the Hawks, the big dance, Murph is doing full training, dare I suggest Lazarus like, the media focus all week about the Bob story, (Bob even though he has no chance of playing )takes all the media hype, does all the interviews to leave the boys to do their thing, Bevo again mentions how Bob is in the mix, names him in the team! Bob of course plays his role brilliantly, and a late withdrawal for Webb who hasn't missed a beat all year.

Dogs win by 27 points, Bob still gets to hold the cup aloft with Bevo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Ok, run with me folks......

Week 1 of the finals, the media are down at the kennel, Bob running laps having a kick or two. Bevo mentions to the media "Bobs in the tardis, popped out of the phone box and into contention." We beat Norf by 11 goals.

Week 2 With no game to play, Bobs running around more and doing handballs with the lads. Bevo quotes James Joyce and Socrates and hints that Murph is beimg as inspirational as Churchill.

Week 3 up against the crows, Murph is doing contact work, Bevo's presser has him reeling off JFK and Confucius, says "ask not what bob can do for you, but what you can do for Bob" and also mentions the tardis again. Beat the crows by 2 points, with stringer Ablettesque.

Weeks 4 against the Hawks, the big dance, Murph is doing full training, dare I suggest Lazarus like, the media focus all week about the Bob story, (Bob even though he has no chance of playing )takes all the media hype, does all the interviews to leave the boys to do their thing, Bevo again mentions how Bob is in the mix, names him in the team! Bob of course plays his role brilliantly, and a late withdrawal for Webb who hasn't missed a beat all year.

Dogs win by 27 points, Bob still gets to hold the cup aloft with Bevo.
    And on the Seventh Day God created Bulldog Premiership Glory.
    It is written therefore it shall be done.

Post Thanks / Like

Brian Lake can go and get *!*!*!*!ed. Said on AFL360 this evening that Bob should retire ... He's just blocking the progress of a younger backman. Continued by saying that Bevo was the lynchpin of our team spirit not Bob
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Some irony in the commentary re: Bulldogs being too much about the individual (potentially true in the absence of premiership glory, but mostly spouted by people like Aker) coming from a guy that wouldn't change his role to make way for a younger player to phase into a key defensive post.

Brian made a good call for himself, based on his strengths. But lets not kid ourselves that he was above the stuff he just potted the Club over. Let alone using a guy that is the embodiment of the opposite view to make his point.

Post Thanks / Like

This is just an ex footballer looking to raise his profile and reputation in the media. Won't surprise me if this is back page headline stuff in the papers tomorrow, which is precisely the intention of the comments from Lake.

What he said is not without merit - for someone soon to turn 34yo doing a knee, it is a very difficult scenario to come back from. But Lake's comment of individual prioritised over team, whilst it is something that has plagued us in the past, is horribly misguided in this instance. Bob won't be coming back for some vanity-driven lap of honour - he will only do so if he can assist the team in achieving our team objectives. And based on form up to last Sunday, he is deservedly a lock to go on.

11. Likes 1eyedog, Funke disco, Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lakes a prize knob, was when he played for us and just because he won a couple of flags doesn't make him any brighter.
    With the standard of the goose's on Fox footy he will fit in nicely.
    Only seen him a few weeks back still feral and arguing with his Misses at a pub and then slapping a claw machine.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I didnt see the big deal with it, its just his opinion. I dont agree with it but it doesn't make him a knob.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I didnt see the big deal with it, its just his opinion. I dont agree with it but it doesn't make him a knob.
    No it doesn't. He already was a knob.

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As an aside Dyson Heppell believes Bob should go on.

Post Thanks / Like

Fancy Lake saying that the Bulldogs were too much about the individual - when he absolutely put us under the pump, and made us beg - over his last contract, when we were in the midst of our last tilt at a premiership - and was the last thing we needed at the time.

I just never ever liked Lake, and he continues to say things that confirm my view on him.

19. Likes G-Mo77, Bulldog4life liked this post