Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  82
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Do it for Bob.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do it for Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I didnt see the big deal with it, its just his opinion. I dont agree with it but it doesn't make him a knob.
    It does when to illustrate his point he talks about Murph stalling the development of players like Biggs and JJ......who are already in our best 22 playing alongside Murph.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

2. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brian's clearly searching for media relevance - guessing he's firmly a Hawthorn person now (which you can understand)

The prioritizing individual over team theory - I get this has been a recurring theme, but from the outside looking in it seemed we had moved on from this in the late 00's. Be interesting to know what Rocket thinks of such a call from Brian - but he's in all likelihood moved on, which outside of the 09 prelim, I largely have as well.

On Bob specifically - it's not the 12 months out that worries me, it's the additional 12 months players say they need to get full confidence back in the knee playing senior footy that's an issue - which I'm guessing would form part of the mental side of it that's been quoted recently. Tough call, but I believe it's worth a shot, as the rest of his frame and skills are fine. I hope he comes to share that view.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

4. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    It does when to illustrate his point he talks about Murph stalling the development of players like Biggs and JJ......who are already in our best 22 playing alongside Murph.

I thought his point was that if someone comes in to replace him and does well they get shunted back out when he returns for possible just another season, which Lake didnt think was a great idea for the long turn future of the club. Nothing sinister.

It made sense, but its not something i agree with. I want Murph to come back and play for as long as he wants (and deserves to).
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Brian's clearly searching for media relevance - guessing he's firmly a Hawthorn person now (which you can .
    I got the impression that he's a Dog still, he seemed chuffed his son got a win over the hawks at half time in Dogs colours
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought his point was that if someone comes in to replace him and does well they get shunted back out when he returns for possible just another season, which Lake didnt think was a great idea for the long turn future of the club. Nothing sinister.

It made sense, but its not something i agree with. I want Murph to come back and play for as long as he wants (and deserves to).
    He specifically said JJ and Biggs would be pushed backwards for 12 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Now that made no sense at all. They were both playing with Murph as it was. Bit of a brain fade again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post

I got the impression he meant someone like a Biggs or JJ, not specifically them. Im sure we still watches us a fair bit and has a fair idea of whats going on.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I got the impression that he's a Dog still, he seemed chuffed his son got a win over the hawks at half time in Dogs colours
    Well, good, I suppose. I'm not that bothered by his comments, which won't influence Murph or the club one little bit, though I can't imagine they'd win him many friends there, which is a place that's changed considerably since he departed.

Just ill-informed, inflammatory nonsense really. He'll get a gig at the HS at this rate.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Well, good, I suppose. I'm not that bothered by his comments, which won't influence Murph or the club one little bit, though I can't imagine they'd win him many friends there, which is a place that's changed considerably since he departed.

Just ill-informed, inflammatory nonsense really. He'll get a gig at the HS at this rate.
    Gerard looked like he wanted to jump the desk and throttle him.

12. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Lake, always have and he was well-liked at the club. He has a point of difference about him and a quick wit which is different to 99% of the AFL footballers I hear.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

14. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I like Lake, always have and he was well-liked at the club. He has a point of difference about him and a quick wit which is different to 99% of the AFL footballers I hear.
    Yep. I think its refreshing he actually says what he thinks rather being PC and worrying how people will take what he says and their reactions.
    The curse is dead.

16. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Gerard looked like he wanted to jump the desk and throttle him.

As Lakey says, he doesnt want to shoot Bambi
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a reasonable point that it takes a further 12 months to fully recover from a knee reco .
    He's completely wrong about Keeping young players out, as Biggs, JJ are playing .
    The club has put the player before club to often previously, but I Think that's changed .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    The club has put the player before club to often previously, but I Think that's changed .
    That's why we got rid of Lake.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. I think its refreshing he actually says what he thinks rather being PC and worrying how people will take what he says and their reactions.
    It's okay to say " what he thinks", but be correct in what you're saying .
    Murphy hasn't kept those players out of the side, and we're getting games at the lower level into players, just like Hawthorn do.