Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers and Anchors - Round 5 2016

Banker-
    Tom Campbell- great first game for the year, hopefully the start of a very big year for him.

Mitch Wallis- a brilliant performance last night, absolute beast at the contest.

Koby Stevens- his work rate is truely outstanding.

Marcus Adams- his grandfather passed away yesterday, thought he performed admirably under the circumstances.

Anchors-
    The bomb to no one- drove me nuts, need to lower our eyes!

2. Thanks azabob, chef thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just catching up with the game due to family commitments. So all I have at the moment is one anchor:

Anchor: Goal Umpire for not calling Lin Jong's goal from the boundary. The replay shows it clearly pitched behind the goal line. Shocking mistake.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Wasnt a goal. Bounced on the line and back in.
    The curse is dead.

5. Likes Testekill, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

Dahlhaus is a testament to heart over ability. He gets smashed week in week out and gets up every time. He never stops and he never gives up. An inspired rookie selection.

Morris is an absolute gem. Good to hear Jonathan Brown wrapping him up last night. He's made a career out of consistency and looks like he's still got plenty in him. I don't think I could love him more. An inspired rookie selection.

Dickson. A great return after a longish lay off. Showed the same desperation that has made him a regular best 22 player. I think we're a better team when he's on the field. An inspired smoky selection.

Anchors

I love that our guys play for each other. I love that we are unselfish. But I think we've maybe gone a little too far, most noticeably in the forward fifty. Just kick the goal.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Wasnt a goal. Bounced on the line and back in.
    I will look at the replay again and get back.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2016-04-...nce-denies-dogGuys, the replay is on the AFL website and I will swear that it pitches clearly behind the goal line. There is daylight between where the ball pitches and the line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I don't disagree and like the idea of always having a tall presence up forward, but do you think Bevo goes with 3 big guys?
    No I don't think he will. I was suggesting a Campbell/Boyd set up could be more damaging than Roughead and either. It would be reliant on Campbell being an effective ruck for 60/70 of the game but having 2 genuine threats up forward could be a weapon.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    http://www.afl.com.au/video/2016-04-...nce-denies-dogGuys, the replay is on the AFL website and I will swear that it pitches clearly behind the goal line. There is daylight between where the ball pitches and the line.
    No doubt a goal
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Thanks F'scary thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    No I don't think he will. I was suggesting a Campbell/Boyd set up could be more damaging than Roughead and either. It would be reliant on Campbell being an effective ruck for 60/70 of the game but having 2 genuine threats up forward could be a weapon.
    So you're on Team Campbell rather than Team Roughy?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

So you're on Team Campbell rather than Team Roughy?
    Roughy's been pretty good, but he doesn't have the ability to hurt teams forward like Campbell or Boyd, plus his durability each week and within games themselves is always questionable. I'd like to see the Campbell/Boyd set up given a go.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

14. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the whole ball doesn't cross the whole line so I think the umpire got it right to me.

The goal line camera also showed this on the countless replays last night.
    The curse is dead.

16. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just catching up with the game due to family commitments. So all I have at the moment is one anchor:

Anchor: Goal Umpire for not calling Lin Jong's goal from the boundary. The replay shows it clearly pitched behind the goal line. Shocking mistake.
    I'm pretty sure the rule is that the ball has to go all the way over the line, part of the ball was over the line but it bounced back into the field of play. It's really just an unfortunate bounce that you wouldn't see happen for years when it happens at that particular spot.

18. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Roughy's been pretty good, but he doesn't have the ability to hurt teams forward like Campbell or Boyd, plus his durability each week and within games themselves is always questionable. I'd like to see the Campbell/Boyd set up given a go.
    Don't disagree, but I do like Roughy's ability to go back if the opposition gets on top and loads up with talls in their forward line.

Each of Roughy, Campbell & Boyd offer different, yet complimentary skill sets.

Roughy is the mobile, link up option that can go back (and forward but in a limited capacity). Campbell is the bigger bull that is good in the air, more durable and is an aerial option up forward. Boyd is the pinch hitter that is better as a more stay at home option.

I think it CAN work with all 3, but I don't think Bevo sees it as the optimal set up.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't disagree, but I do like Roughy's ability to go back if the opposition gets on top and loads up with talls in their forward line.

Each of Roughy, Campbell & Boyd offer different, yet complimentary skill sets.

Roughy is the mobile, link up option that can go back (and forward but in a limited capacity). Campbell is the bigger bull that is good in the air, more durable and is an aerial option up forward. Boyd is the pinch hitter that is better as a more stay at home option.

I think it CAN work with all 3, but I don't think Bevo sees it as the optimal set up.
    So much of our game is predicated on getting the ball into our forward 50 and keeping it there with pressure. Unless Roughy plays back I don't see room within this game plan for 2 x 200cm plus forwards. It's difficult because I think at this point all 3 have earned a spot.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Looks like the whole ball doesn't cross the whole line so I think the umpire got it right to me.

The goal line camera also showed this on the countless replays last night.
    Ok, another reason to look forward to the replay this afternoon.