Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  18
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers and Anchors - Round 5 2016

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Don't disagree, but I do like Roughy's ability to go back if the opposition gets on top and loads up with talls in their forward line.

Each of Roughy, Campbell & Boyd offer different, yet complimentary skill sets.

Roughy is the mobile, link up option that can go back (and forward but in a limited capacity). Campbell is the bigger bull that is good in the air, more durable and is an aerial option up forward. Boyd is the pinch hitter that is better as a more stay at home option.

I think it CAN work with all 3, but I don't think Bevo sees it as the optimal set up.
    I think it can away from Etihad where the game is slower and long options become more viable but on the swifter Etihad track I think we have the best small / tall / medium mix.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I'm pretty sure the rule is that the ball has to go all the way over the line, part of the ball was over the line but it bounced back into the field of play. It's really just an unfortunate bounce that you wouldn't see happen for years when it happens at that particular spot.
    Typical AFL rule making. They never apply Occam's Razor, they always go for the most intricate, hardest to interpret option. As far as I am concerned, the much simpler, "if it pitches behind the goal line, it is a goal" would be much easier to adjudicate. I suppose I should be thankful that the AFL doesn't require the Umpires to judge what the ball's intention was. But I would not put it past them in the future.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Ok, another reason to look forward to the replay this afternoon.
    I had a good look at it last night and thought part of the ball had not crossed line, so no goal.
    Goal umpy got the call right but still thought he should have gone upstairs.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

4. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers: Dicko's return, BTC, Toby McLean

Anchors: Kicking for goal, injuries, over using it.

Dicko is a real pro. He goes hard from the off and was a great first up game. Big Tom contributed all over the ground - solid.
    Toby McLean is an emerging talent. Quick and elusive, can weave, wriggle, shape-change, jink and adjust his height with great subtlety. As he improves this skill set it he'll become more difficult to tackle than a puff of dust.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

6. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So you're on Team Campbell rather than Team Roughy?
    I am on team Campbell and team Roughy at this stage in the ruck. I would prefer playing Tom Boyd at full forward only. Whether Bevo will do this at anytime time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Bankers: Dicko's return, BTC, Toby McLean

Anchors: Kicking for goal, injuries, over using it.

Dicko is a real pro. He goes hard from the off and was a great first up game. Big Tom contributed all over the ground - solid.
    Toby McLean is an emerging talent. Quick and elusive, can weave, wriggle, shape-change, jink and adjust his height with great subtlety. As he improves this skill set it he'll become more difficult to tackle than a puff of dust.
    Read somewhere, has gained us 10 frees so far this season and conceded none.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Read somewhere, has gained us 10 frees so far this season and conceded none.
    It's actually 13 frees for and none against now, with 11 coming from high frees (I've been counting, although i didn't see the full Carlton game so only have 1 from that night).
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Don't disagree, but I do like Roughy's ability to go back if the opposition gets on top and loads up with talls in their forward line.

Each of Roughy, Campbell & Boyd offer different, yet complimentary skill sets.

Roughy is the mobile, link up option that can go back (and forward but in a limited capacity). Campbell is the bigger bull that is good in the air, more durable and is an aerial option up forward. Boyd is the pinch hitter that is better as a more stay at home option.

I think it CAN work with all 3, but I don't think Bevo sees it as the optimal set up.

Yeah after watching Roughy play back V Carlton, wish he had gone back V Hawthorn.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

Campbell - very good return and took some nice grabs

Libba - such a pivotal part of our midfield and team - liked his goal at the start of the 2nd quarter

Stringer freakish goals which are important

Other mentions: good return from Dickson

Anchors

Our goal kicking needs to get better. We can get away with it against weaker sides but will make a difference against the stinger sides

Need to use it better inside 50

Suckling injury but hopefully he'll be right
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"