Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  58
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 6 2016 vs North Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Merrett on game-day was asked who wins next week Dogs vs North, and instantly replied dogs. Asked why he was so quick to answer, said the dogs pressure is manic, stops you playing the way you want and that defence (dogs) always beats offence (North).
    Saw that. He was emphatic.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Roughy's main strength is the defensive pressure he brings when in the ruck and up forward. He averages 4 tackles a game this season which is particularly impressive for a tall.

I have been impressed with him as 1st ruck and last night he was pretty impressive in the underrated 2nd ruck role. Campbell and Roughy can share the ruck a bit more than most combos. As a combo they were pretty impressive last night.

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Need to stop Harvey and Petrie, they always trouble us.
    Be interesting to see how Adams goes with Petrie up forward.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I think Roughy's main strength is the defensive pressure he brings when in the ruck and up forward. He averages 4 tackles a game this season which is particularly impressive for a tall.

I have been impressed with him as 1st ruck and last night he was pretty impressive in the underrated 2nd ruck role. Campbell and Roughy can share the ruck a bit more than most combos. As a combo they were pretty impressive last night.
    Agree, I felt both dominated Martin and it was telling in the clearance stats.

I'd be keen to play the extra tall with Boyd as well. His mobility and tank are far improved on last year so I'd like to see not have to be the deepest target. I felt we were a tall forward short last night in the first quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Agree, I felt both dominated Martin and it was telling in the clearance stats.

I'd be keen to play the extra tall with Boyd as well. His mobility and tank are far improved on last year so I'd like to see not have to be the deepest target. I felt we were a tall forward short last night in the first quarter
    He's probably a week away from returning so we might see it in effect against Adelaide.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure Boyd will not be playing next week, according to things I've read it's a two week recovery , wouldn't mind Redpath in. Very hard at it and demands the footy, sometimes I feel we don't look for Redpath enough when he does play.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I'm pretty sure Boyd will not be playing next week, according to things I've read it's a two week recovery , wouldn't mind Redpath in. Very hard at it and demands the footy, sometimes I feel we don't look for Redpath enough when he does play.
    Is generally a pretty good kick at goal also. Can't have too many of those the way we've been going

Post Thanks / Like

outs : Suckling, Adcock, Dale
    ins : Redpath, Hamling, Daniel

Post Thanks / Like

No one deserves to get dropped after last night(Adcock was good, not sure why some want him out and Dale should get another game, don't like yo-yo changes).

So...Suckling Out and one of HC or Webb In. As HC was the non playing emerg I;ll go with him being the one to come in.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

North tend to give us a hard time with the tall marking so be interesting to see the team we pick.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Still to watch the replay, but am concerned that good young players like Webb and Honeychurch are not being selected. Was very pleased to see Dale selected last Thursday.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Still to watch the replay, but am concerned that good young players like Webb and Honeychurch are not being selected. Was very pleased to see Dale selected last Thursday.
    Who should they replace though F'scray? We can't play all our young players.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

15. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Who should they replace though F'scray? We can't play all our young players.
    I was avoiding saying it but Adcock.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

What role did Adcock play last night? I didn't sight him often, his 16 touches and bottom 5 AF score indicates he was playing a negating role, but Bevo doesn't do this? If he was wing / forward 16 touches and no score and a bottom 5 ranked AF score tells me he absolutely needs to be in the discussion of who we drop.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    What role did Adcock play last night? I didn't sight him often, his 16 touches and bottom 5 AF score indicates he was playing a negating role, but Bevo doesn't do this? If he was wing / forward 16 touches and no score and a bottom 5 ranked AF score tells me he absolutely needs to be in the discussion of who we drop.

Note the way a few GC players were able to burn off Harvey / others.
    Be happy to give Lukas Webb a try for Adcock, having had a good game in the VFL. 23 touches, 5 tackles.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus