Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  58
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 6 2016 vs North Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Jong averages 16 touches a game from memory. I think they are a good comparison. Players you can slot in just about anywhere.
    Maybe you're right. My view is I think Jong affects contests more around the ground. He intercepts, kicks goals, involves himself in clearances and as a third man up in ruck contests and he can take a big mark. Adcock hasn't done any of these things in the two games he's played. I also think Jong needs to do more as well.

I think Adcock will stay in the team and I'm not unhappy about it, but he needs to start making a contribution.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    I was avoiding saying it but Adcock.
    Adcock was better than Dale, should he be omitted before Dale?
    I thought Adcock was ok last night. Certainly thought he did enough to hold his spot, especially in a team which has just lost another experienced head. We're about to play a hugely experienced team on a big stage. Think Adcock's presence might be a positive. If his form doesn't improve then try someone else.
    I'm not sure why there's all this hand wringing over a pretty solid win. It wasn't perfect but they rarely are.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

3. Likes chef, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why we need to 'drop' someone after last nights display.
    The curse is dead.

5. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    North tend to give us a hard time with the tall marking so be interesting to see the team we pick.
    That worked in our advantage last year. The run we got on the rebound destroyed them.

7. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Goal kicking coach maybe?

9. Likes chef, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Suckling will be out and the original plan was to give McLean a rest. There might need to be a change or two.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Suckling will be out and the original plan was to give McLean a rest. There might need to be a change or two.

Was talking about us 'dropping' a player as in form, not an injury out/rest.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    That worked in our advantage last year. The run we got on the rebound destroyed them.
    The big key is both Murphy and JJ are missing. They have the ability to spoil and run off the bigger guys.

I fee for the above reason we should look to bring in Hamling who is able to run off his opponents.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Out: Suckling
    In: Hamling

Hamling comes in to add a bit more height to the backline.

If Caleb is fit, he probably comes straight back in, potentially for McLean if he's due a rest, and otherwise for Dale.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with some other posters around Hamling replacing Suckers.

if Daniel fit, then McLean to 'rest' this week.

HC unlucky - if Daniel not ready then HC for any other player not able to come up this week.

Agree with others that Webb has to also be close to breaking into the senior side.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    What role did Adcock play last night? I didn't sight him often, his 16 touches and bottom 5 AF score indicates he was playing a negating role, but Bevo doesn't do this? If he was wing / forward 16 touches and no score and a bottom 5 ranked AF score tells me he absolutely needs to be in the discussion of who we drop.
    Bevo does do it, and all coaches do it. They just don't leave it to one man to play a tagging role any more.

In every team there's a few different bunches of players who run through the midfield defencively or offencively, and sometimes in between. Someone like Adcock gets the least time in the genuine middle area of the defencive bunch, and spends most of his time rotating through opponents as a defencive player.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out Adcock's influence at the start of the third, from about 1:50 minutes in.

Post Thanks / Like

On the way out of the ground, husband and self were discussing Adcock - what did he do? was he playing? didn't see him all night etc

Then switched on 774 and the commentators were raving about Adcock's valuable contribution and what a great role he played! So we thought, what the hell do we know?

18. Likes chef, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    On the way out of the ground, husband and self were discussing Adcock - what did he do? was he playing? didn't see him all night etc

Then switched on 774 and the commentators were raving about Adcock's valuable contribution and what a great role he played! So we thought, what the hell do we know?
    or you could say, What the hell do they know.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

20. Likes Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post

I watched the replay and focused on him particularly in the first quarter and I though he was quiet but good enough. Players missed him when he was open including when he pushed forward and just 30mtrs out from goal. He was quiet but effective.

While is isn't getting a lot of the ball he probably needs a decent game to hold his spot over the coming weeks.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"