Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  58
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 6 2016 vs North Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Honeychurch is yet to prove he can make any kind of real impact at senior level. We have many players who can do what he does but better. I don't see what all the fuss is about with HC and wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it in the long run. He has no standout attributes and is admired I suspect because he gives it his all.
    Mitch has played 14 games of footy. Small sample size. I think he'll get his chance soon.

*Sorry for the triple post...
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of selection related bits of info from the below article:

Bulldog blow: Suckling confirmed to miss a month

"We've got choices to make around whether we bring a defender in for 'Suckers' or we go with an inside or outside mid in that half-back role."

One player who won't be considered to fill the void is talented second-year utility Lukas Webb, with Beveridge revealing the 20-year-old needed to "grow his game" and "scale up his performances" in the VFL.

Another issue facing Beveridge is the Kangaroos' three key forwards who caused him some headaches in round 22 last year.

Drew Petrie, Jarrad Waite and Ben Brown combined for 11 contested marks, although the Dogs ended up running out 23-point winners in that game.

First-year key defender Kieran Collins may be handed a baptism of fire, with the coach declaring last weekend's emergency isn't "far away" from a debut.

"If we pick a tall defender, (Collins) will be in the mix for selection and we've got Fletcher Roberts who's been playing pretty well, Joel Hamling can go back and Zayne Cordy is almost ready to go," he said.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Suckling is the only player out.
    Ok, I was alluding to that neither is available for selection this week. Still getting over the shock of the injury decimation.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Poor run of injuries....nothing to do with playing 5 consecutive games on the hard surface of Etihad?
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Poor run of injuries....nothing to do with playing 5 consecutive games on the hard surface of Etihad?
    Dont think so. Just unlucky injuries imo.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Where's the fun in that! Every question on this forum can be answered like that.
    True. Good idea. I'll use it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Reading that from Bevo makes me wonder whether Bailey Williams comes into contention as a running half back. Cordy could be another interesting option, seems to have the capacity to play as a flanker or key defender offering some dash

Post Thanks / Like

Could Lynch be even upgraded?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly have no idea after reading that article today, but it's perhaps the closest thing to an indication that we will bring in a tall defender for Suckling.

Whilst it would be great to see Dad crack a game, I'm now leaning towards Roberts (rather than Hamling, who I suggested earlier in the thread) getting an opportunity first against the more experienced North forward line.

Post Thanks / Like

"We've got choices to make around whether we bring a defender in for 'Suckers' or we go with an inside or outside mid in that half-back role."- Beveridge

I think the bolded part rules out Williams as he is actually playing as a HB. If we are going with a runner, I believe he means a mid currently in the team who will move to that role. We would then bring in another small to replace them. I am guessing Macrae.

Collins or Honeychurch for Suckling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    A couple of selection related bits of info from the below article:

Bulldog blow: Suckling confirmed to miss a month

"We've got choices to make around whether we bring a defender in for 'Suckers' or we go with an inside or outside mid in that half-back role."

One player who won't be considered to fill the void is talented second-year utility Lukas Webb, with Beveridge revealing the 20-year-old needed to "grow his game" and "scale up his performances" in the VFL.

Another issue facing Beveridge is the Kangaroos' three key forwards who caused him some headaches in round 22 last year.

Drew Petrie, Jarrad Waite and Ben Brown combined for 11 contested marks, although the Dogs ended up running out 23-point winners in that game.

First-year key defender Kieran Collins may be handed a baptism of fire, with the coach declaring last weekend's emergency isn't "far away" from a debut.

"If we pick a tall defender, (Collins) will be in the mix for selection and we've got Fletcher Roberts who's been playing pretty well, Joel Hamling can go back and Zayne Cordy is almost ready to go," he said.
    Or maybe Zaine Cordy even...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I think Roberts 'playing pretty well', Hamling 'can go back' and Cordy 'almost ready to go' = Beveridge being positive and making them feel like they are close. If we go with a tall back, it will be Collins.

Beveridge reminds me of a positive teacher.

13. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    "We've got choices to make around whether we bring a defender in for 'Suckers' or we go with an inside or outside mid in that half-back role."- Beveridge

I think the bolded part rules out Williams as he is actually playing as a HB. If we are going with a runner, I believe he means a mid currently in the team who will move to that role. We would then bring in another small to replace them. I am guessing Macrae.

Collins or Honeychurch for Suckling.
    Perhaps Stevens. He was working with Bubba this arvo.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Perhaps Stevens. He was working with Bubba this arvo.
    Would be shocked if so.
    1- I love Koby but he is a panic merchant. Awful for HB
    2- I love Koby. Our ability to smash sides at contested ball is a massive reason we are doing so well and Stevens is one of our best at winning a contested ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Or maybe Zaine Cordy even...
    Made his debut against North last year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.