Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Three Things I've Learned-Round Five Western Bulldogs V Brisbane Lions.

Don't tell us one.

Nor two.

Tell us three things you have learned tonight.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three Things I've Learned-Round Five Western Bulldogs V Brisbane Lions.

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. We are determined not to address goal kicking
    2. Watching Jake knock 3 opponents to the ground, get around two standing to snap a goal is not bad to watch
    3. Good teams will burn us if we get 70 inside 50's for a score like tonight
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I've learned is I'm sick of reading, hearing, complaining and thinking about our goal kicking.

6. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes chef, azabob, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I think Campbell is the answer and he will only get better. Not sure where this leaves Roughie / Boyd / Redpath and how we structure up, but Campbell needs to stay in the team.

2. Big teams take big moments. We may not care about our goal kicking internally but if it doesn't fix itself it will be the difference if we get to the finals.

3. Jed needs a decent game next week.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

8. Likes Testekill, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    One thing I've learned is I'm sick of reading, hearing, complaining and thinking about our goal kicking.
    You don't think it's a problem? Or you do, but you don't think it's a valid point of discussion?

Post Thanks / Like

1. When Stringer does what he did at times tonight, in a final, against a big team he is going to stamp his name amongst the upper echelon of elite performers to have played our game.
    2. Goalkicking.. I would love to know why the club thinks this isn't a problem? When we lose yet another close prelim despite being the better team in general play but cant' convert simple shots on goal.. will that be the moment we address it?
    3. Dale Morris. I just don't see this guy having lost anything. He is still the most wilful, competitive, never-say-day defender I've seen in the Red, White and Blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    1. When Stringer does what he did at times tonight, in a final, against a big team he is going to stamp his name amongst the upper echelon of elite performers to have played our game.
    2. Goalkicking.. I would love to know why the club thinks this isn't a problem? When we lose yet another close prelim despite being the better team in general play but cant' convert simple shots on goal.. will that be the moment we address it?
    3. Dale Morris. I just don't see this guy having lost anything. He is still the most wilful, competitive, never-say-day defender I've seen in the Red, White and Blue.
    Like your number 3

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    1. We are determined not to address goal kicking
    2. Watching Jake knock 3 opponents to the ground, get around two standing to snap a goal is not bad to watch
    3. Good teams will burn us if we get 70 inside 50's for a score like tonight
    Like your 2

1 we may kick 40 goals in a game one day

12. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't think it's a problem? Or you do, but you don't think it's a valid point of discussion?
    What's the point? (pardon the pun)

Every thread has multiple references to it, then others say we don't care about fixing it, and then others are incredulous about that.

Just sick of it in general. Wish it would improve but filling up thread after thread won't change things.

14. Likes chef, azabob, Raw Toast, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    What's the point? (pardon the pun)

Every thread has multiple references to it, then others say we don't care about fixing it, and then others are incredulous about that.

Just sick of it in general. Wish it would improve but filling up thread after thread won't change things.
    Thanks for clarifying, I understand your frustration there. However, if it's an issue, then I think it would be odd on this, a discussion board, for it to not be brought up when pertinent.

16. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for clarifying, I understand your frustration there. However, if it's an issue, then I think it would be odd on this, a discussion board, for it to not be brought up when pertinent.
    Haha you're right. I'm fighting a losing battle by whinging about it.

It's so frustrating and I understand that it drives people to post about it, but I'd prefer to read more positive & insightful things about a team that is 2nd with a massive %.

18. Likes chef, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I liked Campbell's game. He fought hard and provided an option around the ground. In the last quarter he was beaten at the bounce but leaped on a fumble by a Brisbane player. He spilled it to our advantage and we kicked a goal after a couple of misses.

2. We did the simple things a lot better tonight. Except goal kicking of course but we faffed about with the ball a lot less.

3. Teams apply pressure to us for long periods of time and can dry up our goal kicking (we don't help ourselves there) but can't score against us. Not heavily anyway. We don't give up ten goal quarters anymore.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Goal kicking needs to be addressed urgently . It looked like everyone got gunshy at one stage
    2. Work rate - is a real feature that doesn't get talked about enough, our blokes play for each other .
    3. I think Tom Campbell can claim the number one spot .

Post Thanks / Like

1. Because we push so high we enter the 50m arch more than most other teams, and when we do the arch is congested. This also makes us easy to get behind on occasion, and for good, bad and mediocre teams this is how we can be scored against.

2. Poor goal kicking can ruin the enjoyment of a ten goal win.

3. We have a beast on-ball and midfield brigade that will dominate teams more and more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    1. I liked Campbell's game. He fought hard and provided an option around the ground. In the last quarter he was beaten at the bounce but leaped on a fumble by a Brisbane player. He spilled it to our advantage and we kicked a goal after a couple of misses.

2. We did the simple things a lot better tonight. Except goal kicking of course but we faffed about with the ball a lot less.

3. Teams apply pressure to us for long periods of time and can dry up our goal kicking (we don't help ourselves there) but can't score against us. Not heavily anyway. We don't give up ten goal quarters anymore.
    This has been a pleasing thing about 2016, albeit in the fairly early going.

We've erased our tendency for the big fade.

I think a lot of opponents knew this last year, and drew fuel from it.

Not this year.
    BORDERLINE FLYING