Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  28
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 5 weeks in - How are we really going?

Bont is slowly getting better each game. I think people forget or dont know he had limited pre season after an op.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Will get JJ and Clay Smith back approximately 6 games before finals, Both could be finals weapons.
    Also if Suckling can be in full flight we are looking real good.

I think Lukes main worry is trying to manager players for finals, so be nice to get a finals spot as early in the season as we can.
    Unfortunetly I can't see Clay Smith playing any role in 2016.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

At this stage, I am in the we are a sneaky peak for the premiership camp. However, there are obvious concerns. The main one being we don't capitalise enough on our dominance.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

4. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not getting carried away just yet but like other woofers are saying so far we are doing really well. Having the highest percentage so far is fantastic and it's important we maintain our high percentage.

The next 2 weeks will be tough but I was speaking to a mate today who's a Bulldogs supporter as well and he said if we can get 1 win of the 2 over the next two that would be a good result would love to win both.

Injuries are the concern and might affect us but in saying that we had some quality in last night and more quality still to come back. Definitely can finish top 4 but need things to go our way and also we need to win outside of Etihad as well.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    At this stage, I am in the we are a sneaky peak for the premiership camp. However, there are obvious concerns. The main one being we don't capitalise enough on our dominance.
    Yes agree really need to take advantage as much as we can.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to Daniel returning soon as he'll frighten opposition teams.

Post Thanks / Like

From where we were in 2014, this team has come on so quickly. Most are still learning their craft and mids are playing a mixture of awesome, almost fanatical attack on the ball interspersed with some L plate mistakes. To be expected with such an inexperienced group. I don't worry so much about winning away from home as us not getting the experience of playing in front of really large crowds. 50K in the elim final was probably the largest crowd ever for most of them. It would be great to get that big game exposure in a game like tomorrow's and bank it away for September.

Post Thanks / Like

Pleasing that we don't get multiple goals kicked against us .Its also pleasing how hard we work both ways, and our midfield bats as deep as anyone . The injuries hurt, but players play multiple roles in this era. We need JJ back and firing , and need to convert our midfield dominance . I thought we'd be 3 2 or 4 1 before the season started . You couldn't pencil the Freo game in pre-season, and the Hawthorn game was going to be tough .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Why?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Reality is our wins have been against 4 of the bottom 5 sides.

We are getting the job done convincingly against these sides but it's still hard to gauge how good we actually are.

Next 2 weeks obviously will give us a much better idea.

2 teams (North and Adelaide) with the best attacking games in the competition. Our stingy team defense will finally get a massive test.

12. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I reckon he'll feature somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post

We are getting the job done convincingly against these sides but it's still hard to gauge how good we actually are.

2 teams (North and Adelaide) with the best attacking games in the competition. Our stingy team defense will finally get a massive test.
    Pretty much my thoughts as well Jaytee in what I said in my post.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel confident we will beat North. We are better at contested ball and their backline leaks goals. Not so much against Adelaide.

Post Thanks / Like

The next 2 weeks will test how our team defence stands up. If we can restrict both North and Adelaide to modest scores, we will really show we are capable of a major challenge for the flag.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't had a chance to watch the Lions game yet, but like others I feel we're tracking OK and will learn more over the coming weeks.

I don't think we've been at our best, and due to our run of injuries we probably won't get back to our best until the latter part of the season, so being able to win 4 and win them so convincingly (scoreboard wise) has been impressive.

Looking forward to seeing how we sit at the bye round, with North, Crows, GWS away, WCE and Geelong all looking like tough games but ones we can win. Knowing our luck Port will get themselves out of their rut before we play them in Adelaide in round 12, too.

I'm giving us an 8/10 to date.