Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

The Bont forward?

The Bont can play anywhere. He's dynamite in the middle but has also proven dangerous with his height and skill as a medium forward. He was very good last night. The Bont worked both inside and outside last season but now Libba and Koby are back in the team do we have the luxury of playing him forward or does he alternate on a needs basis?

The Bont can be anything, dominant in the middle and Royce Hart like across half forward, he brings his team mates into the game and thought Stringer benefited from having his there last night.

What are the merits of playing him forward at times this season?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Bont forward?

Bonts & Stringer are like Pavlich. You can play them anywhere you want and they get become All Australian in that position.

Hawthorn last year were (I think) literally changing their centre square after every goal. With the talent we've got we could do it too if we wanted. Crameri coming back could be another to move around if his fitness comes back.

I'd like to see Roughy, Campbell & Boyd all play before committing too much Bont forward.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Bonts had an issue with his foot a couple of weeks ago. Maybe this is the reason he is spending more time forward.

5. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had thought a few times Bont at CHF but after last night I think he would need to get more body strength in holding his ground for marks.
    But tapping it on or ground work he is superb.
    Bring back the biff

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I had thought a few times Bont at CHF but after last night I think he would need to get more body strength in holding his ground for marks.
    But tapping it on or ground work he is superb.
    He played full forward like a centre half forward last night. His focus was on laying it off for teammates rather than kicking goals.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

9. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not being at the matches it's hard to get a grasp on it, but what percentage of matches is Bont playing forward vs midfield? He seems to have only had the fitness for short stints in the middle so far this year.

I think his most damaging position, once he has worked back into full fitness, is predominantly midfield with short stints only down forward.