Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Congratulations to Luke Dahlhaus - 100 games this week.

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Would Dahlhaus be regarded as an A grade player in the AFL? I think we all would but I wonder how he would be perceived by the AFL community?
    In the eyes of opposition supporters and the AFL community, I would say he's not quite there yet. For whatever reason, he doesn't quite attract the media attention and gushing that others do - most likely due to him now being a very workman-like midfielder who is just as (or more) comfortable at the coalface doing the heavy lifting than he is doing the flashier stuff.

He'd be in our best 4 or 5 performed players to date in 2016.

Great to see him notch the 100 game mark after starting out as a rookie who didn't get picked up because (IIRC) his suspect field kicking - but boy, he's another shining example that if you are driven and tenacious, you give yourself every chance to succeed in whatever you do.

Well done Luke - here's to the next 100.

Post Thanks / Like

Would Dahlhaus be regarded as an A grade player in the AFL? I think we all would but I wonder how he would be perceived by the AFL community?

I deal with a lot of neutrals on another forum and he's held in as high reguard as we hold him. Any one who knows their footy knows this kid is a gun.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

First time I clapped eyes on him he was on TV playing for Willy. After watching for time minutes my reaction was : "This kid can play!" He was in everything and NEVER GAVE UP. He is definitely a prime mover for us. His courage and passion are team lifting. Well done Luke - you are a gun and supporters love you.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

His ability to kick a goal when we need it is amazing. Absolute gun.

They were calling him one of the very best smalls in the comp on Saturday. I think quite a few people think of him as A grade outside the club.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Luke, a great achievement, you exemplify all the good qualities of our club.

Post Thanks / Like

Hardly a dud game in 100 so far - a real heart and soul player and absolutely elite in defensive pressure.

Looking forward to many more fantastic games from him over the next 8+ years.

7. Likes Bulldog Revolution, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great thread full of terrific posts for a truly inspirational player

Looking forward to seeing Luke dominate the last game of the year!

Post Thanks / Like

I think he is underrated by many
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think he is underrated by many

A guy at work was naming 5 of our best players and left out Dahlhaus. I kept reminding him that right at this moment Dahlhaus might be the best of a pretty good lot but he needed some convincing.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

He is a small player. Shorter players are always overlooked, pardon the pun.
    I can't think of a more consistent player on our list. Very highly regarded in Geelong!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Gun.

100 games already, could go 300.

Post Thanks / Like

And Durable. One of very few players to play every home and away game in 2015.

Averaged 25 disposals and only twice got less than 20.

In future days people might laud the highlights reel of flashier players, but for us Dog-watchers it's that durability and repeated service over a long career that gains cult status.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

A guy at work was naming 5 of our best players and left out Dahlhaus. I kept reminding him that right at this moment Dahlhaus might be the best of a pretty good lot but he needed some convincing.
    Take it as a compliment.

Not too long ago Dahlhaus was the most exciting prospect on our list and on his way to being the face of the club. He still is somewhat, especially the kids programs, but the likes of Bontempelli, Stringer, Wallis, Hunter and Wood have all rose to prominence since. We have a very talented list when a 23 year old of the ilk of Dahlhaus isn't even in the first few names when asked to name your best young prospects.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Brad Johnson certainly picked the right player to pass his number to.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

16. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At the 2011 season launch after the Jumper presso, I was stopped in the hallway by a short, slight, dreadlocked kid in a Bulldogs suit and tie who was proud as punch to be there even if he hadn't earned a jumper and a call up on stage yet.

He asked in a polite and shy voice if I'd take a photo of him and his other two rookie mates on his phone. One was blond and pasty, the other dark and curly haired. All were very shy, almost embarresed to ask if I'd take their photo. Eventually, I got one of the three of them on all of their phones.

Wish I'd asked them all to wait an extra 10 seconds and dug my own phone out for a selfie for posterity.

18. Likes GVGjr, jeemak liked this post