Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  27
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Congratulations to Luke Dahlhaus - 100 games this week.

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    A guy at work was naming 5 of our best players and left out Dahlhaus. I kept reminding him that right at this moment Dahlhaus might be the best of a pretty good lot but he needed some convincing.
    Interesting. When Liam was traded to Carlton a friend at my work was lamenting the trade. I asked him if you could have any other player from our list who would it be? Answer was Dahlhaus. He said that he gets the job done everywhere.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Interesting. When Liam was traded to Carlton a friend at my work was lamenting the trade. I asked him if you could have any other player from our list who would it be? Answer was Dahlhaus. He said that he gets the job done everywhere.
    The friend was a Carlton supporter?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Luke. Great effort to reach 100 games.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

4. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Dahlhaus, I've loved watching you the past few years. Best thing to come out of Geelong (I say as an ex-Geelong resident haha)

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Dahl.
    Tough as nails,gets smashed everyweek and just keeps getting up and onto the next contest.
    Inspirational.
    Has be one if not the most underated mid/forwardpocket in the league.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching him go about his work live is just a treat. He's so underrated.

Opposition coaches clearly rate him. That's why I get the feeling Jacobs goes straight to him Friday night.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely one of the best...congrats Luke on achieving this milestone.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

He's exceeded my expectations and I just love him as a player.

I've gotten over the fact he'll never be a great kick and will have some issues with goal kicking from time to time. It's allowed me to concentrate on the wonderful things he does in every single other area on the ground. He is fantastic overhead, he possesses strength beyond his stature and it allows him to control contests as well as anyone on the ground, and he's a fantastic ball winner in his own right who has the key attribute I look for in a midfielder - goal scoring ability.

He also seems like a really good kid and proud to be a Bulldog. That's what I love most about him.
    Last edited by jeemak; 28-04-2016 at 01:52 AM.

10. Likes N/A, 1eyedog, Drunken Bum, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to Lukey. Luke is one of my favourites. i Always remember the first time I saw him. It was at The Social Club get together at Etihad the year he was drafted. I was standing near this very young looking guy with dreadlocks and as the food was being passed around to the guests he cheekily reached out and took some and ate it very quickly. One of the other players said to him, "You can't do that". He replied"I'm hungry". I laughed then and still do thinking about it. Sums up Luke's playing style too, a cheeky hungry little player.

12. Thanks hujsh, josie thanked for this post
    Likes Drunken Bum, azabob, 1eyedog, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Luke is a legend and epitomises the spirit and nature of this club. Well done on reaching the 100 game milestone.

And here's to think that I thought he was trade bait after the 2014 season. How wrong I was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He's exceeded my expectations and I just love him as a player.

I've gotten over the fact he'll never be a great kick and will have some issues with goal kicking from time to time. It's allowed me to concentrate on the wonderful things he does in every single other area on the ground. He is fantastic overhead, he possesses strength beyond his stature and it allows him to control contests as well as anyone on the ground, and he's a fantastic ball winner in his own right who has the key attribute I look for in a midfielder - goal scoring ability.

He also seems like a really good kid and proud to be a Bulldog. That's what I love most about him.
    Dalrymple disagrees with you there. Don't agree about the kicking. His low kicking accuracy is what put him under the radar of many clubs. Dalrymple ( I think ) said in an interview he came to realise many of his kicks were under a furious amount of pressure. He is, in fact a pretty good kick. To compare examples, Biggs is also one of the least accurate in our club, yet it's because he takes risks.
    Our recruiting team, who watched Luke early in his career, didn't think Luke was a bad kick at all and drafted him thus. Goal a game speaks for itself. I'll dig out the interview if I get time, but thanks to his perceived poor kicking, we were able to draft an absolute gun.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Dalrymple disagrees with you there. Don't agree about the kicking. His low kicking accuracy is what put him under the radar of many clubs. Dalrymple ( I think ) said in an interview he came to realise many of his kicks were under a furious amount of pressure. He is, in fact a pretty good kick. To compare examples, Biggs is also one of the least accurate in our club, yet it's because he takes risks.
    Our recruiting team, who watched Luke early in his career, didn't think Luke was a bad kick at all and drafted him thus. Goal a game speaks for itself. I'll dig out the interview if I get time, but thanks to his perceived poor kicking, we were able to draft an absolute gun.
    Dahl is a shocking set shot goal kicker.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Dahl is a shocking set shot goal kicker.
    He's also a terrible kick on the run for goal. On a snap, or under pressure out of a pack he's fine, but running into goal I mark it down as a behind before he evens kicks it.

Dahlhaus makes up for it in many other areas, but if he was even just an average kick at goal he'd be elite.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

17. Likes bornadog, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    He's also a terrible kick on the run for goal. On a snap, or under pressure out of a pack he's fine, but running into goal I mark it down as a behind before he evens kicks it.

Dahlhaus makes up for it in many other areas, but if he was even just an average kick at goal he'd be elite.
    When Dahl first started with us, he was actually OK but his last 2-3 years have been awful in front of goal.

If he were adequate, I'd have him in the top 15-20 players in the game.

Still love the way he goes about it though.

Post Thanks / Like

He thinks his way through a situation as well as any player I've seen.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.