Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 10 v Collingwood: ticketing

I have 2x AFL memberships with the Western Bulldogs club support and I am looking to upgrade a ticket for the round ten match against Collingwood. I am not having any luck purchasing any tickets apart from what is available on the seating map (which is extremely limited). According to the ticketek website, the only areas I can upgrade my seat are in M16, M18, P19 and P21.

Does anyone know why this is the case? I would ask Ticketek myself, but that would require me trying to establish a connection for over an hour and by the time I establish a connection, a further half an hour of waiting on hold.

Surely it can't be that difficult to buy seating on level two?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 10 v Collingwood: ticketing

Nothing surprises me with Ticketing.

If I was you, I would do personally at a window.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Nothing surprises me with Ticketing.

If I was you, I would do personally at a window.
    Unfortunately it's not an option, unless I want to pay full price.

That's the advantage with being an AFL member - you only have to pay $8.60 to upgrade your GA ticket, but the downside is that you have to get in early. I.e. the upgrading option for AFL members to sit on levels one or two for this week's game supposedly ended two weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like

If it's a similar debacle like last year, an entire wing will be reserved for Collingwood away members or something.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind sitting in P - sure you don't get a padded seat or a cup holder, but it's a good viewing area.

Like you I'm surprised there aren't many tickets available - I'm going to have to jump on and purchase tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClothesBootsMotorcycle View Post
    I have 2x AFL memberships with the Western Bulldogs club support and I am looking to upgrade a ticket for the round ten match against Collingwood. I am not having any luck purchasing any tickets apart from what is available on the seating map (which is extremely limited). According to the ticketek website, the only areas I can upgrade my seat are in M16, M18, P19 and P21.

Does anyone know why this is the case? I would ask Ticketek myself, but that would require me trying to establish a connection for over an hour and by the time I establish a connection, a further half an hour of waiting on hold.

Surely it can't be that difficult to buy seating on level two?
    What's the matter with the tickets they are issuing you.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Through my experience with ticketing they only open certain bays at a time. If you wait until the week of the game I guarantee you get offerred better seats.

I had the same issue with the Carlton game. Said sold out 2 weeks before the game. Tried daily the week of the match and got row C right behind the interchange.

Unfortunately they don't reward the people trying to get in early.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    Through my experience with ticketing they only open certain bays at a time. If you wait until the week of the game I guarantee you get offerred better seats.

I had the same issue with the Carlton game. Said sold out 2 weeks before the game. Tried daily the week of the match and got row C right behind the interchange.

Unfortunately they don't reward the people trying to get in early.
    Thanks for letting me know.

That's stupid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    What's the matter with the tickets they are issuing you.
    I can't ever remember sitting on the second level at the MCG. I want to experience sitting on that level, so that's why I didn't purchase tickets in the areas they offered.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used AFL membership just to walk up and still sat on level 2 against Collingwood. Generally in about N24.

I am happy to sit at level 4 if there is no level 2 seating available on the night.

Don't see why I should pay Ticketek the extra.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

The Collingwood match is designated as reciprocal rights for VRC members, so I will do that.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClothesBootsMotorcycle View Post
    I can't ever remember sitting on the second level at the MCG. I want to experience sitting on that level, so that's why I didn't purchase tickets in the areas they offered.
    Fair enough. Level N always sellout 1st.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to prove how laughable the ticketing system is..

Tried all week for an AFL Member Reserved seat on Level 1 for tonight's match. Came up with none available. Even this morning nothing was available.

Tried once more just then and bingo, Level 1 Aisle 12 Row F. Right smack bang on the wing.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried all week for an AFL Member Reserved seat on Level 1 for tonight's match. Came up with none available. Even this morning nothing was available.

Tried once more just then and bingo, Level 1 Aisle 12 Row F. Right smack bang on the wing.
    Imagine how many people did what you did but didn't check today so gave up going.

AFL needs to fix this.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's a joke. Given there's 9 of us going I couldn't wait to the last minute so got level 3 Row W. It's typical AFL, give the rusted on fans the raw deal and try to entice last minute fringe supporters with the best offering.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships