Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  32
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's pumped for Friday night

I will be there and looking forward to beating this mob.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Recent unpleasant events have left me a little worried, but looking forward to Friday night footy for the first time in a long while. Interesting to see how the group respond to the run of outs we've had. I'll be there.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Super duper uber pumped! I think we will have them living in fear by half time

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Our family will be there. Really looking forward to this match. Actually I feel confident of a win.....but then I always do.

6. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Got my reserved seat ready to go and a few mates who are coming along, too.

Cannot. Wait.
    I'm sitting around Level 1 Aisle 47/48. Are you around there as well Go_Dogs or up on Level 2 or 3.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I am hanging out for this game. Atmosphere will be electric.

I know it is a Roos home game, however if you love our Team and can make it BE THERE !!

We need to show our support to the boys and CHEER LOUDLY.

The next two matches will go a long way to determining how far we can go this year and if we win both the LID WILL BE OFF.

9. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As always I go into this match nervous. North are in form and their team is fit and healthy. Logically we are underdogs.

If we can get over the top of them there will be no stopping people jumping on our bandwagon.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

How much is basic entry to the ground?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh. We have a game this week?

13. Likes josie, Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    How much is basic entry to the ground?
    General admission is 20 bucks.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

15. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got offered a ticket but it will be in with the Norf supporters. I am afraid to go as I may not be able to control myself in that environment and go into kamikaze mode by pointing out to them how they only have two generations of supporters, the ones who got on the winners bandwagon in the 70's (and haven't fallen off like the majority) and the ones who got on the bandwagon in the 90's. Even worse will be, when we start pulling away from them during the game and I cunningly put away my colours and pretend to be one of them joining in with their supporters condemning their own players. I will be running up and down the isle egging on their discontented supporters by yelling things like "Higgins, you only go for the soft possessions..." & "that's right Waite, we always knew you were shit, you Carlton reject.." and "retire Harvey, retire now, YOU HAS BEEN..." & "Sack Scott, SACK SCOTT...no, lets lynch him...NOWWW...." etc. etc.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

I am pumped, I hate Norf more than any other club except for EFC, They are on par with St Kilda. Just an absolute bunch of mung beans. If NMFC were a movie character they'd be Gollum from Lord of the Rings. Unbearable.

18. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Friday night matches, when you're nine hours behind and work on Fridays, suck.

I either have a crazily unproductive two hours from 10am to 12 noon, or I avoid Internet all day and watch it 'live' after work (requires a lot of self control).

But yeh I'm pumped!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Friday night matches, when you're nine hours behind and work on Fridays, suck.

I either have a crazily unproductive two hours from 10am to 12 noon, or I avoid Internet all day and watch it 'live' after work (requires a lot of self control).

But yeh I'm pumped!
    How are you finding living in London jazzadogs?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Pumped, and extremely nervous so was trying to keep a lid on it and put it out of mind.
    Arrived on the red eye for a conference on Thursday and the first person I spoke to when I touch down was the guy controlling the skybus lines. He immediately engages me about the game (seeing my WB jacket) and turns out he is a doggies man. This kind of thing happened all day. 7:50pm can't come quick enough!