Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perspective

Post Thanks / Like

Perspective

Apologies if I come across as the self-appointed voice of reason but some perspective on the loss last night people.

Of course we want to, need to, start winning the big games. It is frustrating as we have a history of losing them. Thing is I think our 2 big ones this year have been different. We are what? The 2nd youngest 22 at the moment? Did I hear it right that North has the oldest average player of any side since 1945? We turned up, worked hard but made wrong decisions. We need more of these games to hone our ability to correct this under pressure.

Bob, JJ and Suckling all about is just comic (dark comedy). Short term it kills us but we are nowhere near our peak list wise. Crameri we know is suspended and Tom Boyd value to structure very underrated. Caleb also out.

All this and we lose to the 6-0 side by 16 points.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Perspective

Your voice of reason is appreciated Rocco, but *whine, whine* I just really wanted to beat those tossers! *sticks out bottom lip*
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

3. Likes josie, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will be ok. This is a setback but we have a lot of players out and haves lot of players in with great talent but that wasn't unfortunately at the forefront last night. We are still a good team but we need to beat sides who are gonna be top 4 and top 8.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    Your voice of reason is appreciated Rocco, but *whine, whine* I just really wanted to beat those tossers! *sticks out bottom lip*
    Me too DOTW.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Me too DOTW.
    In all seriousness, it's the wastefulness that really gets me. If we're out worked and outplayed, fine. We're not good enough. But to be within striking distance and to fluff opportunities (particularly set shots) makes it really tough to swallow. And it makes me nervous that decision making is a problem , because that is a difficult, difficult skill to teach, especially under pressure. Hopefully getting some of our injured personnel back will help and create a bit of a flow on effect.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

7. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reality is...until we get Daniel, Suckling and JJ playing again we are going to battle. Our game is built on breaking lines and using the footy well....all aspects we are currently unable to do to the standard we are used to. With these players we are a top four chance...without them we are fighting for a spot in the top 8.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

images.jpg

Thank you.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Shhh that sort of logic has no place here after a loss.

11. Likes chef, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2nd youngest team. We are tracking well.
    The curse is dead.

13. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Reality is...until we get Daniel, Suckling and JJ playing again we are going to battle. Our game is built on breaking lines and using the footy well....all aspects we are currently unable to do to the standard we are used to. With these players we are a top four chance...without them we are fighting for a spot in the top 8.
    Any one of those players in teh side and we go close to winning that game.

I have serious doubts over Fletcher Roberts now, still concerned about Jong's kicking (effort can't be faulted) and Bailey Dale still looks unready, he's icing not cake.

In 12 months we will feasibly have Dunkley playing Jong's role from tonight and Dad overtaking Roberts (or Hamling in), while Daniel takes over from Dale in a couple of weeks. We have the personnel to improve quickly on last night's performance.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

North have a good record this season and have been a top 4 side for the last 2 years. While we are all frustrated by the loss it's not like we played our best football and came up short we simply never got to play our best football.

We can improve significantly on last nights performance.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Shhh that sort of logic has no place here after a loss.
    That's crap and you know it.. Even given the outs the number of chances we wasted and the basic skill errors we made, often resulting in North goals was inexcusable.

Time is on our side, but not being able to execute basic skills under the type of pressure that you get from decent opposition is an area of great concern.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    That's crap and you know it.. Even given the outs the number of chances we wasted and the basic skill errors we made, often resulting in North goals was inexcusable.

Time is on our side, but not being able to execute basic skills under the type of pressure that you get from decent opposition is an area of great concern.
    I completely agree it's an area of concern and address that in my OP.

Basically things weren't as good as they seemed before the game and aren't as bad as they seem now.

18. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I completely agree it's an area of concern and address that in my OP.

Basically things weren't as good as they seemed before the game and aren't as bad as they seem now.
    How were things not as good as they seemed prior to the game?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    We will when it matters. Premierships aren't handed out in April.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

21. Likes Raw Toast liked this post